The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headrest

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    queball

Headrest

-k- Guys does any one know how to take the post out of the top of the seats that hoold the head rest in place, i need to lift that socket up out of the seat a little bit to get some wires down in there and feed them out thebottom of the seat and i can't even get to the whole in the leather where that headrest mount is with out moving it out of the way a little..

Experienced TGC Member
    You want to remove the headrests or remove the posts that the head rests slips into? The headrest comes out by just holding the button down on the adjuster and pull the headrest straight up. The 2 holes that it slips into I dont think your going to get them out without taking the seat apart, I have no idea how they are mounted in there.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

queball
    I would think theres got to be some way to remove them from the seat cuz if you look at the top of that mount theres no was they could strech the leather over that comairped to how small the whole in the leather is, even if i could just get that little plasic cap piece off so i have more access to hole thats around that hole it would make it easier.. i just can't get in there to put this wire down through the back of the seat ..

sure you can lead just about anything that is under 10 guage (meaning 12+) with ease....jut use a wire leader....costs 8 bucks at sears............pull the fabric back and push the leader in .....grab the wire....and pull....thats it
    TEAM GENESIS

queball
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soltero112)</div><div class='quotemain'>sure you can lead just about anything that is under 10 guage (meaning 12+) with ease....jut use a wire leader....costs 8 bucks at sears............pull the fabric back and push the leader in .....grab the wire....and pull....thats it</div>

Yeah thats what I though the leather is so tight you can't find the hole.. and my wire is a little larger the 10 gage its actuly a monitor cable a little smaller then a coax wire.. im haveing a heck of a time getting that damn wire in there so i can hide it and not have it hang out all over..