The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Relocating Radiator Fans

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Relocating Radiator Fans

I saw a thread on Club3G.com where they relocated the radiator fans to the front of the radiator to get a bit more space in the engine bay for extra goodies :twisted: - has anyone done anything similar on the 8G? It looks like there may be barely just enough room for a slim profile aftermarket fan (push through) with maybe a wee bit of cutting. What do you guys think?

8G_GTZ
    it's really funny you bring this up, one of my friends i work with at the shop has done this for his turbo steup. he got the Koyo radiator and moved it to the front, the fans still where that are just moved more toward the front of the car. i know it's different than what you want to do or are asking, but just telling you. i rode in his car today for the first time too, all i can say is wow, you will never come off the seat even while he is getting like 70% traction from 1st-3rd. insane.

steve

8G_GTZ
    it's really funny you bring this up, one of my friends i work with at the shop has done this for his turbo steup. he got the Koyo radiator and moved it to the front, the fans still where that are just moved more toward the front of the car. i know it's different than what you want to do or are asking, but just telling you. i rode in his car today for the first time too, all i can say is wow, you will never come off the seat even while he is getting like 70% traction from 1st-3rd. insane.

steve

BlankMan
    First, you'd have to cut away alot of the cross section supports there to get them to fit. Given that we don't have the space constraints the Eclipses have in thier engine bay, I don't see the benefit of doing this...

J