The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: beef up tranny of a 7g with a 6a12 engine? or replace? :(

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    andyv6

beef up tranny of a 7g with a 6a12 engine? or replace? :(

guys, i have a 7g 1998 year model galant with the 6a12 engine with matic tranny (Philippine release). the previous owner, a friend of mine has already had the tranny rebuilt.

my question is, how can i make the tranny stronger? do i get better internals? or do i get the tranny from a 6a12tt? or 6a13tt? do they both just bolt on? any beefier bolt-on tranny available?

i find the top speed of this car more than enough, but i am just wary of doing any hard acceleration, for fear of blowing the tranny again. my brother also blew his tranny on a 1996 7g V6 matic. so i know mine will go, it's just a matter of time

thanks,

andy

the 6a13tt you're talking about thats from the 8g vr-4 right? that won't work since the tranny is on opposite side of the car.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

andyv6
    yes, thats the 8g VR4. is the 7g vr4 also on the other side?

how about just the 6a13 tranny? Mitsu Philippines released a 2.5 liter V6 with the 6a13 engine, will that tranny bolt on to the 6a12? is it beefier than the stock 6a12 tranny?

andy

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You will have to use a 6a12 or 6a12tt tranny. Id go with the tt tranny, it has to be stronger to put up with the extra ponies.
    7g for life!

andyv6
    thanks for the advice. i guess the 6a12tt tranny should just bolt in?

now to try and find one. if i can't find the trany only, maybe that will give me an excuse to get the 6a12tt engine and tranny package hehehehe

how about a performance buildup of the old tranny? any aftermarket pats that can be used?

andy