The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Battery keeps dying

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Battery keeps dying

well my battery dies in like 2 days. I pulled all fuses, tried adding ground wit jumper cables, checking system and that had somee drain so i added a toggle switch and thats fine. Seems to give me an extra day now. But for some reason my entire engine and chassis is + charged. tried disconnecting my alternator and everything and no change. I do have remote start and stuff but i disconnected the ground. But sometimes i hear something clicking on the drivers side behind the vent, while im testing, and dont know what it is. And everything is charging fine.

Any idea? PLEASE HELP

also theres a yellow wire that is hanging by my alternator, it has a connector that seems to connect onto like a thin tab off of the alternator but it broke off and is hanging now, anyone know what thats for? and could it be the draw problem? thanx

Proto
    The yellow wire goes down near the oil pan. Far as it not starting I have no idea.

did you try changing the battery? i know if you are running an audio system, alarm, glo lights etc, they all tend to drain the battery pretty quick, i had to change my optima red top after only a year of use, so i opted for the yellow top this time around.

I have a yellow top and i checked my battery and alternator wit the VAT 40 and both were fine. So what does the yellow wire do?