The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How are your GR2s holding out?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Experienced TGC Member

How are your GR2s holding out?

Well I have the Progress spring drop, and Im kinda worried about the longevity of KYB GR2s. So how have yours held up, and with how much of a drop?

brandon
    Eibach pro-kit for at least 2 years now, no problems.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    get the AGXs
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

BlankMan
    Not everyone has the money or need for AGX's.

J

waste of money for the agx's..150 dollars more to set them where the GR-2's sit anyway....the only advantage with the AGX's is that you can adjust them

Had mine on for 6 months and so far no complaints. Runnin Tein S-techs.
    What is the meaning of life? 42.

Just got mine about a month ago with tein s-techs and they are ridin fine, i love em so far. I had problems with my rear tires rubbin on bumps, but i bent the inner lip of the fender well in and they ride fine now!!

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Experienced TGC Member
    I think Im going to go with the AGX. The way I see it, the struts will wear down no matter what (since I have a 2" drop). Now as they become looser, I can continue to adjust the dampening rate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike
    waste of money for the agx's..150 dollars more to set them where the GR-2's sit anyway....the only advantage with the AGX's is that you can adjust them
    the agx #2 setting is equal to the dampening rate of gr-2's, and the #1 setting is stock. 4 makes the car handle like its on rails

the other advantage to havng AGX, is that they carry a lifetime warranty. So long as you don't put any crappy adjustable ride height coil overs on them that would result in them continuously bottoming out. and make sure you use bumpstops. get polyurethane bumpstops, they are much harder than the stock, so if you bottom out, you don't bury the strut.

just keep your reciept and you'll have a great ride for many years to come.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

is there a place online where i can buy polyurethane bumpstops?.. or could i just take it to the shop and tell them to put them on.. do u think they should have it or what? meaning do these suspension shops keep them in stock or what?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike
    the agx #2 setting is equal to the dampening rate of gr-2's, and the #1 setting is stock. 4 makes the car handle like its on rails

the other advantage to havng AGX, is that they carry a lifetime warranty. So long as you don't put any crappy adjustable ride height coil overs on them that would result in them continuously bottoming out. and make sure you use bumpstops. get polyurethane bumpstops, they are much harder than the stock, so if you bottom out, you don't bury the strut.

just keep your reciept and you'll have a great ride for many years to come.
    The AGX (as well as GR2s) have lifetime warranty so long as you don't lower your car further than 1.5". I'm guessing that they can easly detect if one has passed the 1.5" by just measuring the length of the wear and tear on the srut itself (the 'male' portion i mean).

http://www.kyb.com/service/warranty.php

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neel9
    is there a place online where i can buy polyurethane bumpstops?.. or could i just take it to the shop and tell them to put them on.. do u think they should have it or what? meaning do these suspension shops keep them in stock or what?
    Hey your pretty good with body work right? Im sure you can make them yourself. Just make a mold of the stock ones (cut in the right place), and pour some the poly-stuff into it.

Theres a tutorial on the 3G forums to make a polyeurothane motor mounts, I would guess that the bump stops shouldn't be much more difficult.

AGXs have no warranty on an 8G Galant from KYB, I had GR-2s for less than 18 months on progress springs and the fronts started to go
    Guidelines for Republicans: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by playa759
    AGXs have no warranty on an 8G Galant from KYB, I had GR-2s for less than 18 months on progress springs and the fronts started to go
    What? KYB's site clearly says that they offer a lifetime warranty for the AGX. Why would they single out our car to not offer warranty?

this is because technically there are no AGXSs for the 8G even though the the ones for the 3G Eclipse work
    http://www.kyb.com/catalog/index.php?Actio...D=362&x=52&y=10
    Guidelines for Republicans: 1. When in charge, ponder. 2. When in trouble, delegate. 3. When in doubt, mumble.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by playa759
    this is because technically there are no AGXSs for the 8G even though the the ones for the 3G Eclipse work
    http://www.kyb.com/catalog/index.php?Actio...D=362&x=52&y=10
    Ahhh ok good point. Though even then, its not like they would be able to tell what car it came from.

My experience with warranty and such (atlest in the computer world) is that as long as the product doesn't have any VISIBLE signs of abuse then its all good.