The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: D3 Designs Front Strut Brace for 8th gen. Galants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    TGC Regular
    oh, yeh, didnt see it, i dont think u popped ur hood. so thats three guys, who are the other ones?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh, yeh, didnt see it, i dont think u popped ur hood. so thats three guys, who are the other ones?</div>

CALI has one too. i think there were only 10-20 made.

TGC Regular
    i think cali sold his to NelsonC, unless he has more than one.

OneSweetGTZ
    i have a RRE STB...i actually just installed it the other day, it's been sitting in my room for a while, i bought the last one from MOCHANGES....i was very surprised at the difference it made in the handling of my car....very nice design....it was a pain in the ass to put on, but i guess it kinda has to be to make a difference

Excuse my ignorance and lack of knowledge, but what exactly does a strut bar do?

TGC Regular
    okay, here is a thread that might answer any of your questions:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...9111&highlight=

and lemme see if i can find some of the more important quotes...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>a strut tower brace works like this:

imagine a shoe box w/ no top. Â*it twists pretty easily right, and the side can be pushed towards each other and away from each other pretty easily? Â*now securely attach a brace on the top in the middle of the long sides. Â*now it is a little harder to twist and alot harder for the sides to be pushed in and pulled apart. Â*imagine that that shoe box is your engine bay.</div>

i found this on RRE's site about 3g's

If you add a front bar, the car will corner flatter and give you a false sense of better handling. Also the bigger front bar will lift the inside front tire when cornering hard. This will give you less traction just when you need it most. We do not offer a front sway bar.
    i was wondering if this is 3g specific or of all STBs?

EDIT: oops, they were talking about sway bars. not strut. but almost the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    i found this on RRE's site about 3g's

If you add a front bar, the car will corner flatter and give you a false sense of better handling. Also the bigger front bar will lift the inside front tire when cornering hard. This will give you less traction just when you need it most. We do not offer a front sway bar.
    i was wondering if this is 3g specific or of all STBs?

EDIT: oops, they were talking about sway bars. not strut. but almost the same thing
    a strut brace is not a sway bar and a sway bar is not a strut brace. they are totally different pieces that attach to totally different places and do totally different things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12