The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: police & front window shield tinting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve urkel)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive gotten 2 tint tickets, and both times, i was pulled over JUST FOR TINTS!!

neither time was i doing anything else illegal, like speeding or loud music or whatever. the first time i actually had my grandmother in the car with me b/c i was bringing her to church, and some dickhead cop pulled me over and sed my tints were way too dark.

the second time i was stopped at a light, about 3 in the afternoon on a sunny day in a not so great neighborhood (jersey street for all you staten islanders). my front windows were rolled halfway down, and the pig made a u-turn behind me and got me just for tints. i told him to go pick out a random person walking the street and they were bound to have some sort of weapon or drug on them, but they didnt go for that.

i have 20% all around by the way.

$30 fine plus $30 surcharge, both times. (grandma paid the first one!)</div>

what the fuck were u doing on jersey st? a white boy will get pulled over/shot at in a heartbeat lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve urkel)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive gotten 2 tint tickets, and both times, i was pulled over JUST FOR TINTS!!

neither time was i doing anything else illegal, like speeding or loud music or whatever. the first time i actually had my grandmother in the car with me b/c i was bringing her to church, and some dickhead cop pulled me over and sed my tints were way too dark.

the second time i was stopped at a light, about 3 in the afternoon on a sunny day in a not so great neighborhood (jersey street for all you staten islanders). my front windows were rolled halfway down, and the pig made a u-turn behind me and got me just for tints. i told him to go pick out a random person walking the street and they were bound to have some sort of weapon or drug on them, but they didnt go for that.

what the fuck were u doing on jersey st? a white boy will get pulled over/shot at in a heartbeat lol</div>

Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

steve urkel
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve urkel)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive gotten 2 tint tickets, and both times, i was pulled over JUST FOR TINTS!!

what the fuck were u doing on jersey st? a white boy will get pulled over/shot at in a heartbeat lol</div>

</div>

haha yeah you should see the looks i get when im going into the buildings.

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve urkel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve urkel)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive gotten 2 tint tickets, and both times, i was pulled over JUST FOR TINTS!!

</div>

haha yeah you should see the looks i get when im going into the buildings.</div>

get the FUCK out of here, u go into those building???!!!!!!!!!!!??!!!

and u lived to talk about it too!

holy shit!

456 jersey st is one of the most dangerous buildings in the new york city metropilotian area lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve urkel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromey)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steve urkel)</div><div class='quotemain'>ive gotten 2 tint tickets, and both times, i was pulled over JUST FOR TINTS!!

</div>

haha yeah you should see the looks i get when im going into the buildings.</div>

used to be the same with me. I used to deliver for a drug store and lots of customers where located over in that neck of the woods
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

steve urkel
    i deliver the paper, and i go into all the buildings all over the island. stapleton, mariners harbor, richmond terrace, etc etc. during the day its nothin, but sometimes at night it can be awkward, but its all good, i walk thru there with my head up high and no1 fucks with me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebirdman13)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've got 20% all the way around and 14" of black vinyl on the windshield and haven't gotten pulled over for anything in 2 years.... of course i'm in NC

</div>

My setup is exactly the same, except with 5% tint. No problems. If you are really worried about it, when you see a cop, roll your damn windows down (it lets the smoke out, but oh well).

NYmagicstk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9770
    It will depend on the police in you area. I have two sheets of 20% on my side windows, 20% on the back windshield and 35% on my front windshield (the whole window). I never got pulled over, but I do have a sunroof and I open that sometime. I'm going to have another sheet of 20% on my back windshield. I will take some new pics so you can see it.
    <span style='color:blue'> So you can put two layers of tint on a window with no problems (bubbles, peeling, window not rolling down/up, etc)? Can you take some close up pics of your car so I can see what the front windshield looks like with 35% on it, and the windows with two layers of 20% too please. I was thinking about putting a layer of blue, then a layer of mirror tint behind it on the sides and back window, and a layer of blue on the front. I'd like to get the sides and back so no one can see in, and just put something on the front to cut down on glare.</span>

Chris9770
    I'll try to get some pics up today but it's cloudy, but I'll get some good shots for you when I get off work.

TGC Regular
    [quote=NYmagicstk]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9770
    It will depend on the police in you area. I have two sheets of 20% on my side windows, 20% on the back windshield and 35% on my front windshield (the whole window). I never got pulled over, but I do have a sunroof and I open that sometime. I'm going to have another sheet of 20% on my back windshield. I will take some new pics so you can see it.
    <span style='color:blue'> So you can put two layers of tint on a window with no problems (bubbles, peeling, window not rolling down/up, etc)? Can you take some close up pics of your car so I can see what the front windshield looks like with 35% on it, and the windows with two layers of 20% too please. I was thinking about putting a layer of blue, then a layer of mirror tint behind it on the sides and back window, and a layer of blue on the front. I'd like to get the sides and back so no one can see in, and just put something on the front to cut down on glare.</span>
    Yeah, I also have two layers of tints on my windows.

Blizz

Re: police & front window shield tinting

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g-ridda)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok this is the deal i got my windows tinted 20% all around except the front window shield. and it looks lighter because (like 35%in front and 20%in the back)the front window shield aint tinted. Â*

My main question is for all the people with their window shield tinted wuts the chances that ill get pulled over and is it any more illegal than having your windows tinted to dark?</div>

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

Clik the link it kept me outta some ish

I currently have 5% on top of 5%. It is extremely dark and very dangerous to see at night unless you are use to it. When it was metered, it registered at 0%. When I had to get my inspection, all I did was disconnect the driver side control panel (after I rolled all of the windows down of course) and went to the inspection station. They asked what was wrong with my switch and I told them that someone broke in and damaged the switch box therefore my windows do not roll up or down. They was like, ok. Gave me my sticker and I rolled out. When you get inspected, it does not matter whether or not your windows work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12