The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: head gaskets???

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    99GalantOn18s

head gaskets???

i was playin gran turismo2 and hookin my lil galant and it says head gaskets replacement along with other things... it is possible to get thinner head gaskets to get more power?? i also remember readin that the eclipse turbo manifold fits in the same spot on our car... would it be possible to either use one from them or could u just bore out the existing factory gasket? ever hp counts

speedygalant
    good question. just in time for me to replace my gaskets (leaking oil). i did a lil' shopping with some auto parts store and they all told me to go my dealer. will anyone please answer 99galanton18s question. thanks.

BlueESV6
    My 2 cents is that you shouldn't need to replace a head gasket... that is major! Yea in theory if you use a "thinner" head gasket your cylinder pressure would be higher but I don't think it would be worth anything. Your head gasket should not go bad for a long time... much longer than other stuff wearing out!

It's major work and I wouldn't mess with that.

As far as oil leaking I think your talking about the valve cover gasket which seals in the oil around the top of the head. This is not the head gasket...

Good Luck with it!

Gilhuly
    I agree. Or possibly just the oil cap isn't tight and its leaking down. They are adjustable.