The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: are all 4g64s created equal?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    tommyj27

are all 4g64s created equal?

hey y'all

i just got an 01 galant with the 4g64 and i've been trying to do some research while asking a minimum of oft-repeated questions, so if i do and you can point me in the direction of the right thread, i'll tuck my tail behind my legs and lurk around in the shadows.

that said, i've got a couple questions...

are all of the 4g64 engines essentially the same? i've been trying to learn about my different options for turbo kits, proceedures, etc. and i see a lot of info for 2g eclipses and some others, but I have yet to find any sort of definitive guide for plugging a turbo into a G. is this because the proceedure is the same for all of them, or am i seeking a tome that doesn't exist? one of the sites i have found is http://www.4g64.150m.com/, is this valid info or is there something better?

and on that note...

are there kits available for the G that work well, or is it a piecemeal endeavour? are there recommended parts lists? can anyone give me an approximate cost (or a range) to go FI on my car? i'm not looking to turn my car into a racecar, but i would like to have some more oomph when i step on the gas, and the juvenile part of me wouldn't mind being able to smoke the occasional high schooler in daddy's grand am. :twisted:

by my own admission i'm not a car person, i change my own oil and check fluids, but much beyond that and i've got a couple of mechanic friends who are on speed-dial and willing to help, i'm just trying to get my head around this all and do some legwork. any help/insight is mcuh appreciated.

brandon
    Sounds like someone's lazy...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/search.php

Every question you asked is answered in this forum.

tommyj27
    i'm trying not be be lazy, i've been wearing the search button out, but i've been having trouble digging a straight answer out of all the extraneous garbage.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you have an 8G. 8G = 3G

get a turbo kit for the 3G if you're one of those lazy people. or piece your own together for half the price. the link you posted to the turboed 4g64 spyder is probably the best guide for us 7Gers, but it's a different car. there are a lot of similarities, and a lot of differences.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

tommyj27
    good to know, somehow i got the idea that 8G == 2G thanks for the correction mano.

"We hold these truths to be to be self evident that all 4G64's are created equal." Abraham Stinkin
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"