The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo with emanage?????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    We are gonna be using Autronic stand alone on mine. But, first, we really need to do a tranny swap c'uz mine has started slipping :evil:
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

datdude305
    i was looking on line 1200 for the aem system managment that more than the tranny and the tools im paying the deposit on damn !!!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    dont get the AEM, the AEM is made to be a plug and play unit, but not for 8th gen, and it wont work for EVO either because its for an EVO harness
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

datdude305
    gosh im am so bothered withall this :!: i am gonna sit down and tally up the cost of getting sds with 400 whp tunner spec of coarse , evo which is starting to give me a head ache or piecing a turbo but the turbo is already down in the last choice slot because the sohc isnt really as good as the evo and sds is a no lag option not to mention the fact that finding a turbo in good shape is turning out to be a mission and a half i tried and quit bout 6 months ago oh and the dohc hybrid would cost way to much for my budget but i would lik to be the first 8g with the 2.4L dohc :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    dont get the AEM, the AEM is made to be a plug and play unit, but not for 8th gen, and it wont work for EVO either because its for an EVO harness
    Hey Stewi, the evo forum guys are reporting that the fried coil issue has been resolved by a firmware update.

Have you heard of any other issues regarding the emanage (the evo forums have a MASSIVE thread about problems, but so far all of the posts are in regards to the ignition)? 3SI guys arn't reporting any problems afaik (nothing serious atleast, most problems are stuff like bad idle).

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by datdude305
    gosh im am so bothered withall this :!: i am gonna sit down and tally up the cost of getting sds with 400 whp tunner spec of coarse , evo which is starting to give me a head ache or piecing a turbo but the turbo is already down in the last choice slot because the sohc isnt really as good as the evo and sds is a no lag option not to mention the fact that finding a turbo in good shape is turning out to be a mission and a half i tried and quit bout 6 months ago oh and the dohc hybrid would cost way to much for my budget but i would lik to be the first 8g with the 2.4L dohc :twisted:
    There you go.. if your money is right , RIGHTNOW get the SDS! Even with your auto you'd be damn sure different.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

one of the many other things to think about would be how bad would torque steer be with a fwd @ 400 hp. I remember Stewi saying something about it really really pulling under load.

I would say shooting for that much power isn't usually a low budget affair. There's alot of supporting stuff that you'll probably need to think about, not to mention that if you don't do the proper research for such a setup you'll probably end up breaking something (which will in turn cost more $$$).

I just think that in some cases it might be much easier and way more fun to build a car that's lower in power but completely drivable and reliable...I wouldn't say don't do it, but really think about what you're getting yourself into.

One last thought is that, with that kind of power don't you think you should be thinking about stopping too...I hope you don't think the stock braking system will be enough. No need having all power and absolutely no way to stop
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

TGC Regular
    Thats for damn sure..
    Braking axels and all sorts of suspension parts.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jusmills
    one of the many other things to think about would be how bad would torque steer be with a fwd @ 400 hp. I remember Stewi saying something about it really really pulling under load.

I would say shooting for that much power isn't usually a low budget affair. There's alot of supporting stuff that you'll probably need to think about, not to mention that if you don't do the proper research for such a setup you'll probably end up breaking something (which will in turn cost more $$$).

I just think that in some cases it might be much easier and way more fun to build a car that's lower in power but completely drivable and reliable...I wouldn't say don't do it, but really think about what you're getting yourself into.

One last thought is that, with that kind of power don't you think you should be thinking about stopping too...I hope you don't think the stock braking system will be enough. No need having all power and absolutely no way to stop
    the torque steer is pretty bad in 1st and 2nd gear, but only on nad road conditions, like really really old pavement, or wet pavement. When I got to the track, I didnt even do a burnout and i had NO torque steer. And as far as the brakes are concerned, all you really need is a good set of pads, slotted rotors, stainless lines and some Motul fluid. you can even switch to the dual piston front calipers from a 2g Turbo Eclipse. This mods would run you a total of about $450, which is not bad. You dont need crazy 4 or 6 piston calipers an huge rotors unless your autocrossing or doing road racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

datdude305
    lol well the drivabilty isnt that much cuz i am getting a beater to drive daily but yuh wut ever i do i am going big

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by datdude305
    lol well the drivabilty isnt that much cuz i am getting a beater to drive daily but yuh wut ever i do i am going big
    How deep are your pockets
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

datdude305
    thats the problem
    i am starting to whore myself out if anyone wants any

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(datdude305)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats the problem Â* Â*
    i am starting to whore myself out if anyone wants any </div>

I surely dont know how your pockets are..but once you start something..and find more problems boy..oh boy the prices keep stackign on
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(datdude305)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats the problem Â* Â*
    i am starting to whore myself out if anyone wants any </div>

I surely dont know how your pockets are..but once you start something..and find more problems boy..oh boy the prices keep stackign on</div>

U got that right!

Getting ready for some changes...
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12