The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AEM’s External 10-Channel Peak & Hold Injector Driver Mo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    that's why you get them tested and cleaned
    Isnt it about $25 per injector to have them tested and cleaned? So now your saving $100 and you still have a set of used fuel injectors. Just because they test out good and flow good does not mean they still have the same life expectancy as a new injector, it just means they are working good now. I'd rather spend the $100 than play the odds.
    oh by all means the new anything is always better, but everyone's cut corners on their turbo install to save money here and there. some people think it's reasonable to cut certain corners while other people would never go that far.

hell, i'm still on narrowband :oops: saved me a bundle on car insurance
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    oh by all means the new anything is always better, but everyone's cut corners on their turbo install to save money here and there. some people think it's reasonable to cut certain corners while other people would never go that far.

hell, i'm still on narrowband :oops: saved me a bundle on car insurance
    I've definetly seen some people cut corners. The funny thing is that it usually works as long as they've actually got some sort of turbo bolted on without any leaks. The fuel system is definetly one area that you should try not to cut any corners on though. A shitty turbo can still make boost and power even though it may smoke like a freight train. But a shitty injector will end your day real quick! :thumbsup:

i'm sorry but what is ghetto or sloppy about MY wiring?
    http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/DOHCstunr/IMG_0290.JPG
    only thing thats out of place is my transistor for the ignition (loom that goes over the intake plenum)cause i didn't really care where it was at the time

resistor pack is mounted nice and clean on the firewall right nest to the master cylinder. i even gave it about 10 whole seconds on the wire wheel to make it shine.

and my wiring all looks factory. soldered/shrinkwrapped, taped and loomed. just like factory but better(factory clips wires i solder them).
    plus when you do your own wiring you have the freedom to hide what wiring want, in order to insure a cleaner setup. and it didn't cost me shit.
    i even used the factory weatherpack connectors.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    At most you'll be spending $100 for both 450cc and a OEM Mitsu resistor pack. For the $200 you would be saving...you could spend it on a supporting mod like a nice adjustable FPR, Boost controller, or even go bigger injectors.
    True, but for that $100 you'll be getting a set of used injectors out of a car that's probably around 10 years old. You might save $200 but how much is your engine worth?
    Well...my comment is pertaining to him building a turbo kit of used parts. Like many of us we are on a budget and don't have the luxury of buying ALL new parts for a turbo kit. As far as injectors...as long as they are flow tested and they work correctly especially OEM injectors they will do fine. I have seen a few DSM buddies of mine that have gotten NEW higher flow aftermarket injectors crap out way before a 10+ year old 1st gen 4g63 450cc OEM injector.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

sup

hey sorry guys i had a lot of bad luck recently so i finally got to see ur comments... thanks for the wiring schem.. good news is my turbo, mani, o2 housing as well as 1g bov is coming on tues... bad news is 2 days ago my car was broken into and my hu as well as system was stolen wit my wallet and cc's they broke my rear passenger small window (theres a post in dearly departed). I am gonna get some used 450s which are flow tested and are within good spec with the eclipse resistor and SAFC2 from my uncle who has a stereo / performance shop... thanks for the info tho i see a lot of good and interesting things... and thanks for the injector site also... ill be posting a lot more turbo questions as i get my parts and go turbo...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

im gonna be selling my safc2 soon it has vlaues for 5psi and 12 psi let me know if your interested i just made 250whp on 11-12psi so im gonna change up to an emanage just for safety cuz i was getting a little bit of detonation due to timing @ 12 if you go around 10 its fine but over that i get too much timing advance
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12