The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Disk Brake System for our G's

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Disk Brake System for our G's

Guys does anyone here know a company that can make some aftermarket 3 piston or 4 piston brake system for our 7 G's??????

or

Will it just be better off doing the convertion to a 5 lug disk system from the eclipse and using their existing brake systems??????

I ask this cause i have searched on some places and i see they have these type of brake systems but for our younger brothers the 8 G's and i was wondering if anyone tried to do some type of Group Buy
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

You can just buy a 2G Eclipse GST kit and have the rotor hats redrilled to 4x114, or talk to Stoptech, Baer, or a Wilwood dealer about getting the kit with a predrilled hat. I know Baer will do it, 'cos I asked them about it before. Stoptech should do it 'cos they rule. And, Precision Brakes Company has an extensive catalog of Wilwood parts and I'm sure they can get you the proper hats. Since the 2G and 7G have the exact same brake system it's a perfect match. Also, since the 2G rotor hats have a 5x114 pattern, redrilling to 4x114 with one common lug hole would mean there would be no structural issues as might be seen with a 4x100, 5x100 or other redrill.

There is also the Wilwood kit for the 02+ Lancer OZ which would bolt on with no modifications. However, I don't like that kit 'cos the rotors are thinner than the stock ones (around 20 or 22mm). So, I don't really trust their heatsinking ability. The Dynalite calipers are pretty though.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

well i guess i will do the eclipse conversion and later on upgrade to a performance system basically what blue ice did
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

i've been seeing this wilwood 4 pot dynalite calipers.. Front only though.. but i guess its ok.. will that fit into 7G? also if it does fit im assuming that i need the 2nd gen eclipse bracket for me to mount it right? ive been seeing them calipers for about $300 AUD.. which is really cheap...

oh last thing.. with those dynalite.. how much stopping power do they have than the stock 7g does? and do i need to upgrade my brake booster?

thanks

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naughtika03)</div><div class='quotemain'> also if it does fit im assuming that i need the 2nd gen eclipse bracket for me to mount it right? </div>

The stock mounting bracket for your 7g is the same for eclipse GST. The front calipers on GST's will be the exact same front calipers that are on your 7g right now. Single piston. The stock calipers on GSX are dual piston calipers, which will need different mounts. If you get just a brake upgrade with no rotors go with the upgrade for GST not GSX, as the mounting points may be different. Maybe you can find a different company that wull make the rotors to fit your brake upgrade with the 4 lug bolt pattern for the 7g