The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: here is a weird one

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

here is a weird one

recently got my car back,(damn timing belt) and this happens. as I am exiting my street, I accelerate. as the rpms go to about 4k, it suddenly flucuates back to around 3k then back up to 4k. then the engine dies. I pull over to the side. restart the car, it starts! then it dies again. after that I start the car and it started. and its fine after that. I mean WTF??

Proto
    odd.. never heard of anyone ever having that kinda problem

check all of your vacuum lines. make sure you have gas in the tank

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    when the rpms fluctuate, does it feel like the tranny is slipping? or does it feel like the engine is just being sparatic. basically, when the rpms go up and down, does the car go faster and then slower? or does it continue at the same speed.

you seem to be cursed with these wierd problems. sorry to hear about it
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    when the rpms fluctuate, does it feel like the tranny is slipping? or does it feel like the engine is just being sparatic. basically, when the rpms go up and down, does the car go faster and then slower? or does it continue at the same speed.

you seem to be cursed with these wierd problems. sorry to hear about it
    everything seemed sparatic, kind of like fuel being cut off, I had a good 1/4 tank left. engine just cut out.

check all of your vacuum lines. make sure you have gas in the tank
    fuel was good, checked the vac lines this morning, all seemed tight and secure. car didnt do it this morning, It basically happened at wot last night

figuared it out, when the mechanic replaced my distributor.... he FORGOT to put the clip on one of the connectors back in I was totally freeking out when my car decided to ramdomly die this morning. so after hours of figuaring out WTF, and help from john (DOHCSTUNR). I came to see the missing clip. now she's good no probs now (knock on wood).

damn spoke too soon :x shes doing it again!! so frustrating. going into the shop today, think it might be a defective distributor. :?

yup defective distributor, fixed and now she's running again.

Proto
    hopefully you dont have anymore problems