The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got my glove latch replaced under ext warranty

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Got my glove latch replaced under ext warranty

I was in getting an oil change this week and asked if my loose glove box latch could be replaced under the extended warranty. The service write said he would check into it. 30 minutes later the oil change was done and the latch was replaced! No more rattle now.

thats cool that you got the latch replaced under warranty.

but you know what was funny that i saw a month ago. I was at the VW dealer getting the window regulator replaced. and there was a guy. his water pump failed and his trunk latch was broke, and one of the trim pieces too. he was out of the factory warranty but he had an extended warranty. but yea, the extended warranty didn't cover the water pump nor did it cover the trunk latch. i think all it covered was a $5 trim piece.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

nice I bought the latch like a few days before accident and havent gotten to install it yet
    good for you that it was still covered
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats cool that you got the latch replaced under warranty. Â*

but you know what was funny that i saw a month ago. I was at the VW dealer getting the window regulator replaced. and there was a guy. his water pump failed and his trunk latch was broke, and one of the trim pieces too. he was out of the factory warranty but he had an extended warranty. but yea, the extended warranty didn't cover the water pump nor did it cover the trunk latch. i think all it covered was a $5 trim piece.</div>

That's sounds like some dealership B.S. and they trying to get over!! If your talking about the Mitsubshi 10 year/100K powertrain warranty, isn't anything that deals with your engine and transmission, other than regular scheduled maintainence, is supposed to be covered? I'd have to look into that, if that happened to me. Too bad I haven't seen 100K on my car in many moons.