The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please help sirius install

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    PurpleHaze

Please help sirius install

i've got everything hooked up but the signal is fuzzy, haven't called to activate yet because i want to have it right. Is this normal until u activate and if not what am i doing wrong. thanks

Yes, you have to put it on the setup channel, then make sure you are getting somewhat of a signal, then they will activate it.
    Love,
    Matt

What kind of Sirius unit is it adn is it to a factory or aftermarket radio?

where are you trying to listen to it. you have to be outside can't be in a garage. if that's where your trying to listen to it. it should have a preview channel where you can listen and they will give you info abotu activating and junk
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

hoosiers
    I am willing to bet your are using the wireless fm modulator that is built into the unit. If this is the case then it will be fuzzy. Spend $20 and get the wired modulator and the sound will improve dramatically.

PurpleHaze
    thanks for the help, and you're right i was using the fm modulator with the stock cd player, can i find the 20$ wire you are taking about at radio shack were i bought it, and were do i plug that in to. The model is the sportster one that came out not to long ago.

PurpleHaze
    just wanted to be more specific, there is a fm modulator that came with the unit, a separate wire that plugs in to the back, should anything be plugged in to the stock cd player, and if so were at?. i can hear how to activate and all that. Maybe it will get better once i activate, just didn't want to spend the $ without perfect signal set up.

thanks

you need to find a fm station with nothing being broadcast on it, then go into the menu options and set the unit to braodcast on that station. i had the same problem with the same unit until i did that.
    -Travis

My Car

PurpleHaze
    thanks man, i actually ended up bringing it back before i saw this post though, going to wait until i can afford a new deck instead of using stock that way i can make sure i have the best signal i can get, but this info. will help out a lot when i go get it again in a couple months for stern. Hopefully they will have some good deals going then too.

if ur getting a new head unit, get one thats sirius ready, then you can plug the sirius directly to it for perfect reception.
    -Travis

My Car

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah FM Modulators kinda suck for the most part. If you get a new HU, make sure it is Sirius ready or has an Aux channel. My JVC El Kamelon II has one and I just run RCAs from the Sirius tuner to the HU and its clear as day.
    7g for life!