The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo question

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Kids_Heart

turbo question

hey guys i have a 2001 8g es i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of coilovers would fit it and where i could get good turbo parts to boost it.....i was told that the 2nd gen eclipse manifold would fit it so i was wondering where i could get one and what else was needed......and also i was told that stock evo 8 brembo brakes would fit it but i just wanted to make sure...thanks

click this link..it has teh answer to all of those questions..

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/search.php
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Re: turbo question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kids_Heart)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys i have a 2001 8g es i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of coilovers would fit it and where i could get good turbo parts to boost it.....i was told that the 2nd gen eclipse manifold would fit it so i was wondering where i could get one and what else was needed......and also i was told that stock evo 8 brembo brakes would fit it but i just wanted to make sure...thanks</div>
    Well if you dont find what you need by searching(all of your answers are posted). Any coilovers made for the 8g Galant/3g Eclipse will fit

Yes the 2g Eclipse turbo manifold fits(4g63t not 420a). For turbo parts stores, check out any DSM shop: SBR, DSMotorsport, AMS, ect.

Not sure on the Evo brembos.
    7g for life!

the stock evo brakes will fit. you just have to make sure that your wheels have enough clearance to clear the caliper.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ANOTHER TURBO QUESTION

is it ok to stay with the 2.5" exhaust piping or should it bumped to 3" or does it really matter?

if you are going with a turbo the larger the exhaust the better. to an extent. it really doesn't do much good to run 4" piping on a stock 2g gst.
    but the less backpressure, the more power you will get out of your turbo system, period.
    its just a matter of how efficient your wastegate is so you don't creep.
    if you are running a boosted v6, 3 piping is a must. boosted 4g64, i would recomend 2.75 or 3" piping.

some people might say that you won't be making enough power to need a 3" on a 4g64 but i disagree. specially if you decide to take it to the next level, if you are going to get an exhaust made, get it done once. 3" so you don't have to upgrade it again later. but i'm speaking for forced induction applications only.
    but it should all be dsone in steps to keep your exhaust gases as dense and as hot as posible for better flow and scavenging.
    for example
    my exhaust starts with a 2.5: turbine outlet. going into a 2.5" tubular o2 sensor housing. that goes into a 2.5 inch downpipe that opens to 3" after the flex section, then to 3" all the way back.
    makes for wonderfull flow, deep smooth sound, and great turbo response.
    my engine is just a 7.8:1 compression 2.0l
    and i have plenty of off the line power/ low end torque for city driving.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

thanks