The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Chevron Pro-Guard FI cleaner w/Techron

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Chevron Pro-Guard FI cleaner w/Techron

Is this a good additive to use to clean my fuel-injected V6? Thanks for any advice. ...I guess the other alternative is engine dis-assembly? I have over 100,000 & all of it but maybe 1000 isnt mine.Dont know when the injectors were ever cleaned,but my 99 Galant GTZ 3.0 V6 'seems' to be running fine.But I figure whatever can be done to get every bit of gas mileage I can get out of it these days,would be a good thing
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista

Re: Chevron Pro-Guard FI cleaner w/Techron

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is this a good additive to use to clean my fuel-injected V6? Thanks for any advice. ...I guess the other alternative is engine dis-assembly? I have over 100,000 & all of it but maybe 1000 isnt mine.Dont know when the injectors were ever cleaned,but my 99 Galant GTZ 3.0 V6 'seems' to be running fine.But I figure whatever can be done to get every bit of gas mileage I can get out of it these days,would be a good thing Â* </div>

fuel additives are a complete waste of money.
    ALL fuel that you buy already has LOADS of additives in it, from cleaners to anti-foam agents, to crap we cant even pronounce.

dont waste your money on that crap. Just by name brand fuel at the appropriate octane rating (no higher nor lower) for your engine.

I work at oil refineries,& I know that gas is gas.The only difference is the additives various companies add to it after its refined.But I now buy all my gas,whenever possible,at Safeway & Costco stations because its cheaper.Plus-If you have Safeway card its 3 cents off the top of their lower prices,and if you bought $50+ groceries,its 6 cents off.My owners manual suggests I use Plus grade with my V6...the middle one between Regular & Premium
    '99 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 3.0V6,black/grey ;'79 Chevy Corvette Coupe SBC 350,red/blk.;'78 Olds Cutlass,SBO 350,blue/beige;1984 Chevy El Camino Conquista