The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Input needed

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    blacknsilver96

Input needed

Whats up every1, I am currently in Iraq and getting ready to gome home. I want to make my 7g faster, but I am stuck on what I should do. I can't decide if I should swap out for a 63t or throw on a 1g head and turbo it. I posted a thread on oil burn and I don't think I should turbo my engine if its internals are shot. I don't know if I could manage the63t swap myself, I have alot of experience with big block chevy's (my old man collects vette's and has like 15 350's we tore down and rebuilt), but I have no experience with turbo's and have not taken any advanced mechanics classes (I have done tons of research though and understand the setup, I consider myself to be mechanically inclined). I know how expensive it would be to rebuild the 64 to handle the turbo power and think it would be better for the swap, but time, difficulty, experience and money play a big factor.

I cannot decide which route to go, I am also thinking of selling my 96 and stepping up to a 8g with the 3.0; is that the mitsu (3000gt block), or a chrsyler peice of junk? If its the mitsu; TT or supercharge? I love my 96, but it just hit 100k b4 I deployed and I think it would be a good idea to start fresh with a new ride and a drivetrain with less miles; but I have decided I need to have a 5spd; I cannot stand driving this auto tranny ne more. As you can see, I am totally undecided- pls give any insight and suggestions you have.

well i just saw a rebuilt 4g63 on ebay last week.. but it was the bare minimum.. i think it was just the block.. but they said it was built.. so idk.. but if i was u i would be thinking newer b/c there is just so much more u can do to a new one but then again the 7g's arnt bad either.. my 97's balance shaft locked up but other than that i havnt had any troubles.. exept finding tail lights lol.. my used engine that i put in had 115k .. i just gotta finish putting it in.. sounds stupid but im going to build this one my self.. my baby has been born and i have just started..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

blacknsilver96
    Yea, I agree. The only thing I don't like is mitsu tried to compete in the 'family sedan' market with the 8g and you cannot get a 5spd (to my knowledge). I don't like driving this auto anymore, gotta have a stick again. Plus, mitsu auto's seem to be problematic.

The tail lights for the 7 g are not hard to find; they are impossible (94-96), no one will make them, so we are forced to fabricate. I wonder if you can separate the lenses like the headlamps and fuck around with the insides to make them euro styled. I haven't taken them out yet to look.

My suggestion would be to build up the 7g platform. The 7g has so much potential and alot of aftermarket support when it comes to swapping in the 63t block. You can build a monster 63/64 hybrid or just drop in the 63t and while your add it you can swap out the auto tranny for the manual tranny, just ask Peanotation for help. The 8g is a good platform for styling, cuz there's so much after market support. But engine wise you can supercharge it and turbo it, but it would be extremely costly to swap in the evo VIII block.