The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake still givin me problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Just switched it back to stock and when I started it up it did it again... dropped down to like 300 RPMS and then when tback up to like 2000 and then dropped back down to like 1000 :evil:

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok so you havn't fucked with your MAS at all right? Didn't damage the honeycomb correct (this is very important)?

I still think it could be a heated O2 problem.

I say leave it running drive it around for about 2 days sluggish you need to give it time to reset itself... with stock intake on... it may have wrong readings from the other intake... you need to let it reset then learn how to breath again... i say give it 2 days max... but u need to drive it....
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

it is a post mas leak. i'm telling you.

an intake is an intake is an intake. all any of them are, is a tube that air is drawn through. stock , aftermarket, cheap, expensive whatever.

double check every single hose or vaccum line on your manifold. one of them has slipped of or is leaking air.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by chromed_out_galant
    Just switched it back to stock and when I started it up it did it again... dropped down to like 300 RPMS and then when tback up to like 2000 and then dropped back down to like 1000 :evil:
    also, 500 is the lowest reading you will get on your tach. you have the zero mark, then a wide mark after it that first wide mark is 500. your engine would die long before 300 rpms

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

my bad it was 500. I checked all connects... nothing is loose. maybe they sent a faulty connector?

Today I pulled the whole damn thing off and washed the inside and out completly. I then re-assembled the whole thing and made sure ALL the connections were tight. The car wasn't cold so I don't know if it fixed the problem, but the car ran better and the intake had a deeper, lower sound. Hope it worked! :?

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    yup same problem here too. every morning it stalls like that til it gets warm. i like the cai look and all i'll probly do is get bigger piping. but i guess let's say ur used to smoking 2 stix a day then switchin over to 3 packs a day, then there's a big difference with the way your lungs will work. I'm trying to say that the ecu got used to the stock one and now you got CAI. you know what i mean... get new lungs hehe :twisted:

took out CAI

Well, I said fuck it. I gave it two days and it still did not get any better after I cleaned it all out and I didn't feel like messin w/ it anymore. I took the CAI out and put my stock one back in and it is runnin great. I called the manufacturer back and they are gonna let me return it and refund all my money (- shipping). I'm just gonna save up for a better intake w/ bigger piping. Maybe Injen or AEM as I said before. To everyone who has posted on here, I appreciate all your help and feedback so much. I wish I could have got it to work. It's just gettin to be too much of a pain in the ass to deal w/ and now it aint my problem anymore. Peace and thanx to all for the help once again.
    Draven

Re: Intake still givin me problems

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chromed_out_galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well... I've tried everything I can think of to stop the problem I am having with my intake :evil: . Â*For those of you who didn't read the last post, every time I start my car in the morning when it is cold, the car almost stalls. Â*It will be @ about 2000 rpms and then it will drop way down and kinda sputter like it is going to stall then it jumps back up to 2000 and then keeps on going like this until finally the car warms up. Â*I have checked all the connections at least 3 times and have left the battery cable unhooked overnight twice and still nothing. Â*The strange thing is that this only happens when the car is cold. Â*Once it is warmed up it will start normally the rest of the day... Â*I don't know what the hell the problem is. Â*Could it be a problem with adjusting the choke or b/c the intake is cheap or what? Â*Could it be a problem with the air filter not being good enough quality??? Â*I'm so frustrated! Â*I almost got the problem to go away the other day. Â*I took off the battery cable for about 2 hours and when I started the car it was fine. Â*It was quite a bit warmer of a day than usual though... Â*Someone please help!!! If anyone in the area knows anything about intakes or can direct me to a place that can help me I am all ears.</div>

i had this problem way back when i had an intake, what it is, is your MAS is bounging causeing it to gtake inaccurate readings, so my suggestion is to make sure all your bolts are tight, and if that doesnt help take it offand run stock, because the stock intake flows fine, just remove the air trap and the snorkus and you will run fine.
    2002 Silver Galant

"If a man yells in the Woods, But there is no women around to hear him, Is he still wrong?"

A question that has plauged man for ages.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12