The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: all of a sudden i have a whole bunch of problems

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

all of a sudden i have a whole bunch of problems

aight my car has about 109 almost 110,000 miles on it and i start her up a couple of days ago and my idle was well over 2g's and my service engine light came on. and i noticed that my fuel gauge didnt light up until i was on the empty line. today i started her up and my idle was over 2500 but the service engine light was gone. do u guys think its electric?? but also when i was driving when i try to stomp on it or ask for a little power she hesitates for a second. i dont know what it is. should i juz get a tune up?? and should the o2 sensors be replaced with how much miles i have??
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

oops i didnt realize that i posted in the wrong section. mods. please move thx

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Get the light checked at autozone when it comes back on. Could be a dieing ISC, check your throttle cable.
    7g for life!

when was the last time you did any maintenance on the car??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

what do you mean maintenance like oil change, oil filter change, check all fluids? blah blah blah? well i changed the oil with 5000 miles mobil oil i thin i used 5w30 as it states on the manual. ummmm.. i havent changed the antifreeze, checked and changed brakes last week, cleaned throttle body last week, so i dunno.

i just drove her again and it was gone but when i drove home it was all back except for the engine service light. i beat my car up quite a bit so i prolly should lay off the throttle for a while huh? i need help

main thing i'd check with your problems are the plugs, wires, and the coil packs.

if you followed the manufacturer's maintenance schedule, the wires should still be good. the plugs should be good too, unless you know that they are worn already. and that leaves the coil packs.

aww great! i h8 working the coil ill check that tomorrow then. what should i look for??? working on the coil i mean?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If it was a bad coil, the car would be misfiring and running like poo. From my knowledge the coil pack either works or it doesnt. Now half(2/4 coils) can go bad, and the car would run like poo and vibrate and want to die half the time. Why do you hate working on the coil pack? You own a 4cylinder...
    7g for life!

the 8g only has 2 coil packs. so it isn't that hard.

aight thx