The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 Galant Factory Cassette/CD/Radio loses stored stations

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Rogo

94 Galant Factory Cassette/CD/Radio loses stored stations

I just bought a 94 Galant ES. When the car is off for an extended time period, all of the stored radio stations in the factory Cassette/CD/AM/FM are reset; both AM and FM, as well as the CD track position. The battery is not going dead. It starts just fine. I have never heard of a car stereo that had a station memory backup battery, but I am new to Mitsubishi and sometimes auto makers do weird sh*t. So I tore it apart. No battery. So I am stumped. Usually radio station presets ARE dependant on a battery, the car battery, but if that is solid, then what is going on? This ONLY occurs while the car is off; usually for a longer time, but it has happend while running into the store, or getting gas... Anyone able to help? Please & Thanks.

Regards

check your fuses. especially under the hood. there's a few circuits on there that are constantly on and if the fuse blows out then you lose power til you start the car

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Rogo

I'll try the fuses...

But I wouldn't think that would be the cause... But I am new to Mitsubishi so I will try it. Sometimes it doesn't happen though... Any other ideas if it isn't fuses guys?

no idea .. i also need help on mine.. mine blowes the memmory fuse from time to time.. but i think its my radio.. but it started after i did the 5spd swap so idk.. i might just run a new wire no a new fuse under the dash..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Time to get a nice aftermarket unit...ditch the factory unit.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i have already done that.. lol.. my blaupunkt *sp* is blowing my fuse
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...