The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions bout FPR's

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    ENoe01

Questions bout FPR's

Ok i have some questions about FPR's. I am taking for granted that they are fuel pressure regulators, if im wrong please correct me.
    1. what are the benifits to having a aftermarket one i have heard about.
    2. how large of one can be used/needed
    3. where can i buy one
    4. how mush do they cost
    5. what is the best brand to purchase
    6. is it a do it your self install, if so how

i think thats it for now. thanks for anyhelp
    erik

Senior TGC Member
    I think Chip knows all about it but to get you started a FPR allows your car to have a constant supply of fuel instead of the points where your car can't keep up and you don't pump in as much fuel as you should. I think RPW makes one available from Vision Imports for 200ish USD, and Chip installed it himself.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Peter is my agent, LOL. And yes he's right about everything. An FPR will flatten your fuel curve, especially in top end . Make sure you get a Rising Rate FPR. That way the more gas you give, the more pressure. Stock on the V6 is about 42psi. I keep mine at 46 and turn it up to 50 for the track. Make sure the one you get is an adjustable , rising rate FPR. The one from RPW/Vision is made by FSE and it comes with a nifty built in pressure gauge. Install is a 30 minute job. Once you get one, PM me and I'll do a quick tutorial.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

ENoe01

FPR

thanks for the info, do u have a link to the company who makes the fpr or a phone # i may just get one now/erik

Re: FPR

Quote Originally Posted by ENoe01
    thanks for the info, do u have a link to the company who makes the fpr or a phone # i may just get one now/erik
    RPW makes some FPR's uhm check out vision imports, thats one of their US dealers.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The website is

www.visionimports.com

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Re: FPR

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    Quote Originally Posted by ENoe01
    RPW makes some FPR's uhm check out vision imports, thats one of their US dealers.
    No, RPW doesn't make them, FSE makes them. RPW imports them from FSE in UK. Here's the FSE Page CLICK HERE! And here's the Website at Vision with the FPR. Talk to Matt. and get pricing. Be sure and tell him you're with TGC. Click Here! Ask me if you have more Q's.

Chip
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Peter is my agent, LOL. And yes he's right about everything.
    Beware of Big Brother...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    Peter is my agent, LOL. And yes he's right about everything.
    Beware of Big Brother...
    Stop that. :shock: I'll have to increase my Prozac....I feel like I'm being watched.
    Chip

ENoe01

FPR

THanks for all the info guys, i will check into it. Dumb Question but is the a noticable difference in HP or whats the deal there. ALso will this void my
    factory warrenty, and are they illeagal..

thanks again
    Erik

OK. Answers to your questions in order:

No noticeable HP gains with an FPR, just a more constant and higher pressured fuel delivery. Better response, flatter fuel curve.

No it won't void your warranty. In order for an aftermarket part to void your warranty, the dealer needs to prove that the failure was caused by the part. So If I put an intake on my car and my transmission craps out, the dealer couldn't say the intake caused the tranny to fail. Secondly, the install is easy enough that you could take the FSE unit off and restore your car to stock in 30 minutes if needed.

No they're not illegal.

The only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked

Chip
    Chip

Senior TGC Member
    The only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked
    Like the Chinese say, ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes, ask no questions and be a fool for a lifetime.

ENoe01

Thanks

THanks alot guys you all are a real help. now i have to convince the wife that i need more toys for my car, i always tell her it will make it more fuel efficeient she usually goes for that, anyways thanks again for the help

Erik[/b]

SuperchargedGTZ
    and it is always good to have one in case you end up going the Forced Induction route...like me.

I am pretty sure that we are running 55psi on mine during the onset of boost.