The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: running wires for neons

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Jeff

running wires for neons

Ok, I got my streetglow mini tubes for under the seats. Right now I have them ghetto rigged with wires hanging out all over the place. I have a switch panel set up already and I know how to wire the connections, but I don't know how to hide the wires. I have the transformer in the center console and I wanted to run the wires under the center console. If anyone knows how to remove the center console...or have any other ideas, let me know.

Tazz2000
    I know if you open that armrest in the middle, and take out the rubber lining, you can get that part off, then I THINK there's only 2 more screws to take out the console. I saw my dealership do it once when they were replacing mine. Give em a call, or go up there. They might show you.

Jeff
    thanks man...i forgot about taking off the top part. cool. that should work.

You may also want to try what I did for mine, which was run the wiring under the carpet to the door sill, then remove the sill (it just pops off, no screws) and run the wiring to up under the dash. I did this on each tube on either side. Then I ran it across to the switch and fusebox as necessary.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Jeff
    that would work...but the wires from the transformer to the tube are only 3' long. unless i lengthen the wires, that wouldn't work. thanks though.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz2000
    I know if you open that armrest in the middle, and take out the rubber lining, you can get that part off, then I THINK there's only 2 more screws to take out the console. I saw my dealership do it once when they were replacing mine. Give em a call, or go up there. They might show you.
    you are the man...that was easy as hell. it took me 5 minutes to run the wires and make everything all neat...now the only place you can see wires is about 6" from the tube to the base of the center console. thanks again.

Tazz2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffs2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz2000
    you are the man...that was easy as hell. it took me 5 minutes to run the wires and make everything all neat...now the only place you can see wires is about 6" from the tube to the base of the center console. thanks again.
    You could hide those too if you want There is a slit already in the carpet where the front of it mounts down. Just run it in there up to the center console

Jeff
    i was thinking about that but the tubes are attached to the bottom of the seat....so if i didn't leave enough slack, if someone moved the seats i could damage the wire or rip the tube off of the seat. Thanks again.