The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: whats the deal with these here grilles

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

whats the deal with these here grilles

ok i kno that the vr4 jdm grilles are shorter than the ones we have but we also kno how ebayers name products jdm to sell there stuff. i was looking at this grille and it looks more like our sized grilles than the real jdms.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Mitsubi...sspagenameZWDVW

and this is the actual jdms if im correct
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-...sspagenameZWDVW

if you notice were the clips connect with the grille, the first one(which i think is fake jdm)looks jus like ours and on the second one the clips are the same on both sides oppose to just one side.

i was wondering if im right or if anyone purchased the first grille?will the first one go on with me having to get the vr4 headlights(i kno i can customize mine)
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

From what I see, the first one is a JDM and the second one is a modded USDM. (Talking about the close-up pictures, the ones with the cars are not even the same :? )

Just look at them: the first one is "deep" the second one is not, just like the USDM. Also look at the top part of them where you attach it to the car.

Also the special mounting is required on the second one because they cut the original supports to fit the mesh. (I did the almost the same with mine)

o ok i see what you meen. Its crazy how they name the products jdm and vr4 but i guess it helps sell :evil:
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

people on ebay like to sound fancy when selling stuff ....

Psssssssssst Got Air???

eh, both look like fake jdm

they both look almost the same. both are aftermarket.

the thing that worries me and should worry you is that they talk about how the holes aren't drilled for mounting. and we all know you don't drill anything to install a grille.

the second one worries me the most since you have to do alot of head scratching to figure out how to mount things.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

good eye man! i didnt even think about that!
    Diego

Yeah, I see what they mean by that, but they did a half-ass job.
    You could do it this way instead:

It holds up pretty well for me