The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engines for a 7G

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    crewdog81

Engines for a 7G

Hey guys, well I'm new in the galant forums. I'm currently in Iraq serving in the US Army and need some help. I'm wanting to do an engine swap in my 7G, it's a 1997 ES. Can anyone tell me what engines will fit in this or is there a better way to do this. I'm wanting a turbo setup. Any ideas???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vr_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'>or a 6a12TT :twisted:</div>

not everyone can have that engine

Russian7G
    is there any MIVEC head that would fit 4G6x with the timing belt on the drivers side?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qnzfinestplaya)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vr_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'>or a 6a12TT :twisted:</div>

not everyone can have that engine </div>

I can.. and mid next year... I'll be having it.. hopefully AWD too!

:twisted:

it cam stock in my car lol :twisted:
    We are the seeds of legends
    Our origns are unknown
    We simpley are
    -:Msport:-

blacknsilver96
    Whats up bro! I am in the army too, I'm up in Mosul @ Diamondback. We are redeploying in Dec and I plan on doing some more mods to my 7g. I can understand the powerplant debate, and the limited cash flow. A full swap is expensive and time consuming. Plus, if you havn't done 1 b4 and have experience w/turbo's you will probably want to send it to a shop. You may want to go the route of throwing on a 1st gen elcipse turbo head and oil pan, etc. on with the SMIC (This can be done quickly w/all the parts and is prettly inexpensive, lots of people on this site and gs have done it; there is a wealth of info on the 2. This is what I think I am gonna do too.). You could probably handle this by urself with help of peeps on tgc and gs; plus whichever pds you are at, they usually have a auto shop with experienced mechanics who; if you are patient, friendly and respectfull, will give you a hand onsite. I know when I work on my ride there is always a few tuners there and we all pretty much run together; the auto shop can be a good place to meet others w/our passion. If you are ever at Ft. Lewis, let me know and I will give u a hand.

Peace-

engine question

whats up, i am new to this and also serving in iraq right now. i was wondering if someone could help me out with an issue. i always wanted to put the 6a12tt in my car but couldn't find one until now. i have some questions about it before i commit to it. can i run that motor without the rear drive also. can i just run it front wheel drive, if so can i get some help on how and all the ends and outs. thanks

Build a 2.3 like me!!