The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR-4 lip kit pictures wanted

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

VR-4 lip kit pictures wanted

I just picked up the VR-4 lip kit yesterday. Does anyone have pictures of the finished product. I checked out Shadow's but he has only one picture and I can't find find any old pictures of GalantESP so who else has this kit on?

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Thanks Pinoy. I didn't think those pictures excisted anymore. I am curious as to why the rear pieces that I got are not black and ESP is?

Jason

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks Pinoy. Â*I didn't think those pictures excisted anymore. Â*I am curious as to why the rear pieces that I got are not black and ESP is? Â*

Jason</div>

well i dunno where u got your kit but maybe one of them is a replica kit. or maybe its made out of a different material cuz they founf out one material is better than the other...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I got the kit from the same guy the BGR got his rims from. I am thinking that it is a replica kit because the rear peices are like a inch or two off from the car where it bends. Pinoy do you think that it will be hard for a body shop to mold this on my car? I guess what I am really asking is how hard is fiberglass to work with?

Jason

i remember chris saying b4 taht the kit itself costed 600 remember that? well i also remember him estimating about 500-600 dollars for the install. but uhm that price will vary on your bodyman.

as for the difficulty, it shouldn't be too hard to do. i used to do body work and it doesn't look too hard. fiberglass is kinda easy to work with. @ least for me. my friends and i used to build boats, remote control boats, about 4-5 feet long and race em in baltimore harbor. hell, now that i recall, if we put in a seat in the boats (which we did once) we can carry a small kid around in it (we did that too) but yea we didn't carry the kid inthe harbor just my friend's pool

Damn the kit was orginally $600.00. I only got it for $450.00. So if anyone is intrested Will at EmotionGarage.com is able to get one more.

Thanks Pinoy. When the wife gets back from work I am going to go to the local body shop and get an estimate. I can't wait to get it on.

Jason

Alister_McRae
    Is that the stock bumber, or is that the vr4 bumber? Cause if its the stock bumber, it would definatly save me some money in just buying the lip kit, then having to go buy a new bumber and the lip kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alister_McRae
    Is that the stock bumber, or is that the vr4 bumber? Cause if its the stock bumber, it would definatly save me some money in just buying the lip kit, then having to go buy a new bumber and the lip kit.
    it more or less evens out kinda. on the stock bumper u gotta pay to get the kit molded onto the stock bumper which means lots of filler cutting sanding and all taht good stuff. but with the vr-4 bumper just sticks on thats it. if u want it to look more clean maybe mold it and you're done

Quote Originally Posted by Alister_McRae
    I am going to put this lip kit onto the stock bumper. There will be some molding like Pinoy said because it is not a direct fit onto our bumper. I got an estimate today and it looks like I can get it on between $450.00 to $550.00. depending on where I want to go.

Jason

The VR-4 lip kit I bought from Chris wasn't black either. I paid $565 shipped, but since I bought that other kit from Ecarboy, I don't think I will be using any of the pieces from the VR-4 lip kit. The side skirts are useless and the front pieces won't fit much better than on the stock bumper, but the rear pieces will fit perfectly. I was going to try and sell it for around $300 plus shipping. But, then again, I may see if I can get the front pieces to fit and use the rear pieces as well. I'll have to wait until the spring when I get the kit from Ecarboy put on.

How come you are having a problem fitting the pieces on?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawzcc

Jason
    i believe danj bought the vr-m style kit...

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    check this outhttp://community.webshots.com/album/30773817xbpxRIAcsl
    ahhh yes my good old webshots album of Chris G-Ride

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlawzcc

Jason
    i believe danj bought the vr-m style kit...
    Okay newbie question here. What is the VR-M and the difrence between that and the VR-4?

Jason

The kit that Ecarboy sells as a VR-4 kit is actually a VR-M kit. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two as far as engine specs go, but obviously the front bumpers were different. I believe the rear bumpers are the same though.

Here is a pic of a VR-M, the kit that I have:

Here is a pic of the old style VR-4:

They look similar, but they are different. Therefore the lip kits are different for both.

Here is a VR-M with a lip kit:

Here is a VR-4 with a lip kit (the one that I have):

See the difference?

Anyway, there are VR-G's and regular VR's as well as Super Saloons. Check out pics from the Hong Kong Galant Club's website. Click here.