The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ripp mods kit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    BlankMan

Re: hi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cremeofthecrop)</div><div class='quotemain'>so blankman, knowing what you know about the stage 2 kit, would you get it for 2300 with the stage 2 black box, aftermarket headers, and all?</div>

I would. BUT... just make sure you check things out before buying. And make sure they include everything (Walbro fuel pump, injectors (depending on engine), oil feed and return lines, drive belt, etc.).

J

hi

everything is included as on the website, but the guy says that is his daily driver now and he doesnt driving long miles to work using it everyday, comes with the fuel pump and all
    doing my thing, one mod at a time

wouldnt waste your time on ripp's sds...do more research...their black box isnt anything special...in fact its not even ripp's manufacturing inside the black box....but dont let ripp's official representative in this thread read this... go with tearstone...after seein how pretty much seemless someones installation has gone...get the turbo...better tq numbers as well generally on the dyno...which is better for streetability...hp high in the rpm range doesnt mean a whole lot unless you're on the track...
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>but dont let ripp's official representative in this thread read this... Â*</div>

ass... lol

just b/c I'm happy with the product and shares my opinions, don't label me like that. And it's well know they don't "manufacture" the box. They did, however, develope the specific programming to the 4G64...

And not to toot RIPPs horn further... but it always seems that anyone with negative comments of the RIPP SDS has never had one...

Still, the tearstone is a nice setup - I'm not arguing that - the original question was "is this a good deal?" and "would you get it?"... ie; RIPP

J

Question for creamofthecrop: is your car an I4 or V6?

hi.

2.4l v4 kinda budgetting also, thats why i am looking at it fro the 2300 and blankman seems to be ok and he has one

$2300 is not a bad price for a stage 2 kit+headers, as new parts would run you twice that.

The other thing to consider would be support. Russ at Tearstone has been very good at providing support via phone/e-mail.

I don't have any experience with Ripp, so I woundn't be able to tell you anything aside from "I heard/read this from so and so." Hey VegasMatt/Blankman, have you had any difficulty in contacting Ripp for support?

Granted, your kit would be second hand, but a good vendor should still stand behind their product.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    and he is not far from Ripp so if something goes wrong you don't have to call just go over to their shop

hi

i always wanted to go fi since i done the bodykit, ice thingy. second question pros in the fireld, what is your opinion on the msd ignition boxes, do we reaLly need em when going fi? is it noticeable or a nice cosmetic? and if we do need em what type as i heard there are two main types for the different engine configuration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12