The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem w/ s7 Gauges

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Problem w/ s7 Gauges

I installed them earlier..and just realized that the the only lighting that works is the orange needles...Nothing else is working {number or blue colors}

I'll be going back out here later to see what i could come up with...any hints??suggestions?

Thanks

Experienced TGC Member
    somethin aint hooked up

got any ideas of what it might be?

the wires going to the ballast

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

The gauges come with 3 connecters ....there is 4 connecters coming from ballast.....does it matter which one is not used?....

there should also be a red and a black wire coming out of the ballast. those need to be hooked up to some power source

No that doesnt matter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>there should also be a red and a black wire coming out of the ballast. those need to be hooked up to some power source</div>
    right we connected it to the dimmer switch....<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Connect the red wire to the green wire of the dimmer control and take the black wire and connect that to the black wire of the dimmer control.</div> Like the tutorial said...and connected it with the Tap-In squeeze connectors

hmm any more ideas?

Man double check your connection I had the same problem when I installed mine and it was just that I didnt have a good connection. Even if you have to cut all the wires and start over just make sure you got a good connection.

i think you didn't squeze the tap connectors tight enough. that or you bought the wrong size.

if you look at the lil plug that goes into the dimmer switch, you'll see the wires going into them. i just pushed my wires from the ballast along with them and bundled the wires with electrical tape so it wouldn't go out. haven't had problems ever since.

As stated above the tap in suck try new ones and squeezee really hard

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I just installed some S7's 2 days ago, and my tap connectors did not work good. So I just cut around the covering of the wire and slid it down a little but, and taped in like that. I have also noticed that my S7's don't get really bright, so if it is sunny outside it does not look like there working.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Appreciate the help .... it was the ''Tap-In squeeze connectors'' they weren't big enough for the wires...so we just spliced into it and..it's workin...pretty damn bright to... pics up here in a sec 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02on19s)</div><div class='quotemain'>Appreciate the help .... it was the ''Tap-In squeeze connectors'' they weren't big enough for the wires...so we just spliced into it and..it's workin...pretty damn bright to... pics up here in a sec 8)</div>

ummm yeah tap in not tight enough.... lol ohh you got it all ready

Good to see there working for you now bro. If you need anything else just hit me up...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...