The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question, please help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Question, please help

I am hearing this knocking sound whenver I hit a bump, or a small dent in the road. The sound is coming from the back. Could that be that my shocks are messed up? If it is my shocks, am I damaging my car in anyway by not replacing them?

It could be your rear shocks, but it could also be your rear sway bar bushings or other bushings that are wore out. There is really no way for me to say without hearing the noise. How many miles are on your car?

Well, I don't want to give bad advice here, but I know that I hear banging noises from my front wheel because of the control arm. You could be experiencing something similar.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

I had the same problem, It was my sway bar bushings in the rear, i've done these twice now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(raw0055)</div><div class='quotemain'>I had the same problem, It was my sway bar bushings in the rear, i've done these twice now.</div>

How much did that run when you replaced it??

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If it is the rear sway bar bushing, may as well purchase the Energy replacement bushing instead of the mushy OEM which is prone to fail. The energy replacement bushings are only $15 for the rear sway bar I think. Easy to replace on your own too if you are not a pansy...
    7g for life!

My warranty covered it sorry