The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Two Engine questions (Transmition and DOHC 4g64s)

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Two Engine questions (Transmition and DOHC 4g64s)

First of all I'm just learning and throwing ideas around. I've come to know that the 7GS once had a DOHC 4G64 that was touching 165HP. I found out that you can't just take the DOHC Head from the 4g64(7g) and bolt in on a 01 8G. I hear the 4G64 block that was used in the 7G GSs where diffrient so I'm woundering how diffrient was it.

My secound question goes on sportronic transmitions. I found out that the 2001 eclipses had one installed with our 8G 4g64 engine. I was woundering how hard would it be to install one in an 8G (just thinking). And yes I can drive a 5 speed but I also drive long distances.

Re: Two Engine questions (Transmition and DOHC 4g64s)

Quote Originally Posted by xmor
    First of all I'm just learning and throwing ideas around. I've come to know that the 7GS once had a DOHC 4G64 that was touching 165HP. I found out that you can't just take the DOHC Head from the 4g64(7g) and bolt in on a 01 8G. I hear the 4G64 block that was used in the 7G GSs where diffrient so I'm woundering how diffrient was it.

My secound question goes on sportronic transmitions. I found out that the 2001 eclipses had one installed with our 8G 4g64 engine. I was woundering how hard would it be to install one in an 8G (just thinking). And yes I can drive a 5 speed but I also drive long distances.
    you can bolt on an evo head to your 4g64 block if you want to go dohc.
    i think there is a certain kia model like the spectra that uses the evo head, just with different cams.

long distances?
    a 5 speed is ten times better for long distances. once you are in 5th gear you don't touch it. since 5th is longer than an automatics 4th, you get better gas mileage.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    was there a tiptronic tranny in a USDM mitsu?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    was there a tiptronic tranny in a USDM mitsu?
    the 3g eclipse has the "sport-tronic"
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i think there is a certain kia model like the spectra that uses the evo head, just with different cams.
    how much do you think this would run me for?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mau
    how much do you think this would run me for?
    A lot of money and 2 bottles of Advil. There's a post with a link to club3g on this install.

Search is your friend
    here it is...