The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lets talk tires. what do you guys recomend for 18s

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Lets talk tires. what do you guys recomend for 18s

I know this has been covered before. but I'm looking for more detail. I finaly got my 18" wheels in, so now i get to save up and spend rediculous ammounts of money on tires for them. I don't want to go as cheap as i can, becuase i know tires are a real important aspect of driving. and i don't want to go as expensive as i can, so i want a happy medium. In your guys experience with 18" wheels, whats the right Size? Brand? Speed rating? place to buy from? etc.... I was looking into either Nitto or Yokohama. i have Yokohama avis on my Scirocco and i think they are great. but i'd love to get ideas of other peoples experences of what to get and what to stay away from. thanks guys.

falken or yoko.. have had good experince..

I got yokohama Parada Spec II... They are great tires. they are sticky and handle really well.
    Danj got them also and he is really happy with them too
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

i got khumo supra's 120$ a tire great traction...
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Falken's, Yokohama's, or DUNLOP DIREZZA is what i have on my car right now...

go with a 225/40 tire. right now im looking at the falken ZE-512 ZIEX. vulcan tire has them for 99 bucks. im still holding off on getting mine though. the last time i bought tires i was just about to buy them online when i saw a deal locally for them installed for like 5 bucks more for the set. if you can find a local deal, that would be awesome cuz most places mount and balance tires for you for free if you buy through them, whereas if you bring your own tire it ranges from 20 for 25 bucks a wheel to be mounted and balanced

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yeah, i think i'm gonna look around localy first. whats the benifit of 225/40 will it fit ok witout rubbing? also i dont know if this will be a big problem. but the wheels i got when i bought them the auction said 18x7.5 and et45 which i hear is pretty much exactly what you want for a galant, but when i got them they say 18x8 and et38. is this going ot be a big problem?

I got the Nitto Neo Gen in 225/40/18 and they are great best tire in my opinion. Somewhat pricey depending on where you go though.

Quote Originally Posted by 02galant
    I got the Nitto Neo Gen in 225/40/18 and they are great best tire in my opinion. Somewhat pricey depending on where you go though.
    I am going to have to 2nd that as I have owned a set myself, they are also designed for cars with negative camber.
    shogun8g: I feel gay

sears mounts and balances tires for $15. but here in nyc, we have places that mount and balance for less than 10 a tire

alright, i ended up ordering Falken Ziex ZE-512s in 225/40 I think these should work good, they were a great price, and they get really good reviews. Got em last night so i'm going to get them mounted in a few hours.

Post Pics

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

he did click click

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    how many fog lights did he need? nice rims.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>how many fog lights did he need? nice rims.</div>
    hehe thanks. and i explained the fog lights. i love them

go with a 245/35
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]