The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shifter instalation problems (automatic)

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    escoson

shifter instalation problems (automatic)

ok ehres my prob,
    i put the shifter on and when its on it keeps that long whipe piece inside the shifter depressed so if i dont have to push the button to shift which is dangerous if i hit it up into park or reverse or a lower gear while im driving. i want to know if there is a way to fix this that any of you know of or if you had the same problem you can tell me waht you did.

thanks alot

Yeah there is a fix....I have changed a couple aftermarket knobs before and I concluded that with whatever knobs you use, you must cut part of the plastic shaft. All you need to do is cut the first tab of it and thats it.
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

escoson
    tahts whati was thinking, you are talking about the white thing inside the shifter made of plastic that has a slant like a box cutter correct?

thanks alot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>tahts whati Â*was thinking, you are talking about the white thing inside the shifter made of plastic that has a slant like a box cutter correct?

thanks alot</div>

Yes, that's what NRG was referring to. Just make sure this is not one of those shifters that have the button on the side. If it's on the side, the angle needs to be there to work. If it's a top press down button, then cutting off the angle will still let it work. Also note that there is obviously no turning back once you cut it off. Just take your time to do it right.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>