The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Online Wheels

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Online Wheels

What do you guys think about buying wheels online do you feel that it is a good idea, what about fitment issues and having to send them back if they don't fit like you want ??

Just make sure you research the size and style you want. Check to see what sizes other people with the same car are running, ask all questions before placing your order and make sure the wheels you want are instock before you buy them. I ordered my wheels from www.wheelguyz.com and I had no major problems. You do not want to have to return wheels you buy online, you will have to pay return shipping and most likely a 20% or more restocking fee.

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

yea i bought my wheels from www.wheelmax.com and i was a bit iffy in the beginnning but it turned out to be apretty good deal. just make sure that what you buy is for your car. the only problem i had was getting the wheels out of the plastic theyre wrapped in!!
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'> the only problem i had was getting the wheels out of the plastic theyre wrapped in!!</div>

I got my wheels yesterday and I'm still working on fixing that problem

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Yeah if you research what you want and make sure you get a good deal like free shipping, free mounting and balancing, and free lug nuts. You could come out cheaper than going to a local shop.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I have a friend who ordered from Wheelguyz and he hated the deal. They would'nt answer thier phones, they sent him the wrong color wheels (black instead of gunmetal) and then they wanted him to pay for shipping back to them. :evil:

The best place to get wheels from is Discount Tire direct they have the best customer service. They take very good care you.

www.discounttire.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a friend who ordered from Wheelguyz and he hated the deal. They would'nt answer thier phones, they sent him the wrong color wheels (black instead of gunmetal) and then they wanted him to pay for shipping back to them. :evil:</div>

I had a little problem with them also but they came through. The wheels are slightly different than the picture but I actually like them better this way. Definatly not the best online purchase I've ever made, but I've had worse also.

Sold
    New ride...
    2002 Lincoln LS V8

be carefull though. wheels online can be a good deal , but sometimes they are a bit different. i ordered rotas for my VW and they were a perfect fit exactly what the ebay auction said. but when i got wheels for my galant they said that they would be 18x7.5 and et45 and they ended up being 18x8 and et38 so I'm going to rub when i lower. but they look good hehe