The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Code scanner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have pics at home of an OBDI and OBDII port. Usually OBDI is a clear/white plastick and will only have 4 pins like this: . .: where as the OBDII is more of a big black connector. The thing is, I am not sure if the datalogger off of digitaltuning is compatible with 96 cars. I know it should work with 97/98 cars as they are full OBDII. Where is manybrews at?
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have pics at home of an OBDI and OBDII port. Â*Usually OBDI is a clear/white plastick and will only have 4 pins like this: . Â* Â*.: where as the OBDII is more of a big black connector. Â*The thing is, I am not sure if the datalogger off of digitaltuning is compatible with 96 cars. Â*I know it should work with 97/98 cars as they are full OBDII. Â*Where is manybrews at? </div>

Well fron what you described its an OBDII port but it just looks a lot different than the one on the Ford
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

should be identical in shape.. i wish i had a 96 galant around here to play w/.. :-
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Well I found out that apprently Ford and Gm ObdII looks different. They are OBD protocol but they have different pins and look different, so that solves that mystery.

Then I found this, on how to identify which protocol is on your car

The pins that they're talking about are numbered, if you looked at a OBD port from left to right and the top row first from 1 to 8
    and then the secon row from 9 to 16. I don't know which one we have on the Galants.

J1850 PWM
    The connector must have pins 2, 4, 5, 10, and 16. May or may not have additional pins.

J1850 VPW
    The connector must have pins 2, 4, 5, and 16, but not 10. May or may not have additional pins.

ISO 9141-2
    The connector must have pins 4, 5, 7, and 16. Pin 15 may or may not be present.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>OBD-II has been mandated by government regulations, first in California and eventually across the entire U.S. All models from 1996 to present are equipped with OBD-II. A limited number of 1995 models were also equipped with OBD-II. </div>

http://www.mitsubishitechinfo.com/epacarb/default.jsp

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ^ Yah but 96 have weird ECU wiring. Check your ECU, see how many yellow plugs are going into the back. 97/98 have 4, same as the 2g Eclipse. 94/95 should have 3, same as the 1g Eclipse. I think the 96 has 4 as well, but the wires are in different places vs the 97/98. I only have schematics for 97/98 in which if the wiring was the same it would be 96-98 schematics

I will take a picture of my connector.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>^ Yah but 96 have weird ECU wiring. Â*Check your ECU, see how many yellow plugs are going into the back. Â*97/98 have 4, same as the 2g Eclipse. Â*94/95 should have 3, same as the 1g Eclipse. Â*I think the 96 has 4 as well, but the wires are in different places vs the 97/98. Â*I only have schematics for 97/98 in which if the wiring was the same it would be 96-98 schematics

I will take a picture of my connector.</div>

I will check Mitchell tomorrow.

2002 ES, V6, 140K

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shadow83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Try http://www.troublecodes.net/mitsu/ this link</div>

Wow cool and we said that couldn't be done with a OBDII.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12