The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transmission! NEEDS FLUSH? WHAT BRAND?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i found some coupons for Monro, it says what kind of fluid we need in the G's owner manual right? I'm jus gonna ask them up front if they got the right fluid before I let em do it

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rawtunez)</div><div class='quotemain'>i say just buy the fluid from the dealer and big it somewhere cheaper</div>

Ur posts are so funny </div>

ROTFLMAO

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Transmission filter

I want to change tranny fluid and filter but am baffled. My Haynes manual says that the filter is a spin on located next to the dipstick. I looked and all that I see is a unmachined casting where a spin-on would have gone?
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

Transmission filter

I want to change tranny fluid and filter but am baffled. My Haynes manual says that the filter is a spin on located next to the dipstick. I looked and all that I see is a unmachined casting where a spin-on would have gone?
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

the 02's don't have a servicable tranny filter. don't worry about it. if you need to service the tranny filter on an 02, you have bigger issues

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks. I'll just do a fluid change then. That looks REAL easy.

I'm an old school guy and these rocket scientist cars intimidate me some times. This is the first front wheel drive car I have owned as well. Gotta learn to fight back at the steering.

I just had the timing belt changed and they disconnected the battery in the process. I drove out and went right back since the tranny was shifting wildly. Turned out the computer just needed retraining. THis is gonna be an education.

I miss my 67 Firebird. :cry:
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

Quote Originally Posted by shadow83
    Thanks. I'll just do a fluid change then. That looks REAL easy.

I'm an old school guy and these rocket scientist cars intimidate me some times. This is the first front wheel drive car I have owned as well. Gotta learn to fight back at the steering.

I just had the timing belt changed and they disconnected the battery in the process. I drove out and went right back since the tranny was shifting wildly. Turned out the computer just needed retraining. THis is gonna be an education.

I miss my 67 Firebird. :cry:
    dont be intimidated. in all honesty, todays cars are actually simpler than yesturdays cars, but for the electronics.
    I frankly find it TONS easier to work on a 01 galant than a 67 firebird.... you just need different tools.

fluid

What ever you do man do NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! put regularr -generic tranny fluid in there! Make sure you use Mitsubishi's brand. i know cuz mine went after i had it changed with convent synth. Pump inside the tranny failed and had to be repaired. Major $$$$
    [/quote]Ahh Yes we got to ride in StylEZZZ[quote]!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12