The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Muffler Questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    VIO
    hey peanotation, how well does the dual 3" tip fit in the stock openning? did you have to cut at all?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    hey peanotation, how well does the dual 3" tip fit in the stock openning? did you have to cut at all?
    for my 7G, i got it welded on, and it fit like a charm. its sliiiightly smaller than the stock muffler. its almost like it was made for the car. i'm still in love with it, looks and sound. i can't stress enough how clean sounding it is.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

VIO
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Quote Originally Posted by VIO
    for my 7G, i got it welded on, and it fit like a charm. its sliiiightly smaller than the stock muffler. its almost like it was made for the car. i'm still in love with it, looks and sound. i can't stress enough how clean sounding it is.
    oooooohhhhhhhh.... i failed to notice that you had a 7g. elwenil has an 8g and the opening for the muffler in the back isn't big enough for a dual 3" tipped muffler. he'll either have to cut the bumper, angle the muffler down, or lower the brackets. cutting would look the best by far though.

Elwenil
    Yeah, I had already thought about the small cut out in the fascia and the dual tips not working out, but I can't help it, I really like the dual tips. I'll just do a little trimming to get it to fit. It's all kewl though, I bought my G used and the rear fascia'a kinda knicked up. I think they backed over some poor kids bike. There's an almost perfect imprint of the bolt head on a pedal in the fascia. It was a good point to talk down the price of the car though, and I'll probably replace it when I do the body kit later on. So, all in all, cutting it is no problem here.
    Later...

VIO
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwenil
    Yeah, I had already thought about the small cut out in the fascia and the dual tips not working out, but I can't help it, I really like the dual tips. I'll just do a little trimming to get it to fit. It's all kewl though, I bought my G used and the rear fascia'a kinda knicked up. I think they backed over some poor kids bike. There's an almost perfect imprint of the bolt head on a pedal in the fascia. It was a good point to talk down the price of the car though, and I'll probably replace it when I do the body kit later on. So, all in all, cutting it is no problem here.
    Later...

yeah, if you trim the stock openning it will look trick i believe. post a pick when it's done.

Faction
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    give this guy his on faq page. that saved me hours of research, thanks man.
    Yea, isn't it refreshing to have someone answering questions based on experience and knowledge for a change instead of just something they read or heard, or worse yet, just to up their post count...
    why are you complaining, is it any of your problem?

Elwenil
    Ok, for those of you that care, I finally got this muffler put on yesterday, and all I can do is grin really big now. This thing is fantastic! Thanks again, Peanotation! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! It's nice and deep, real mellow sounding, but gets louder as you open it up. Never sounds ricey unless you downshift, or back off the throttle in a low gear at higher RPM. But that is very acceptable, since I don't really plan to torture my transmission anytime soon. As for the fit , VIO, I did have to cut quite a bit out, but the effect is pretty kewl. I mounted the muffler level and straight in line with the body, but moved over to the drivers side a little. Basically the factory opening is the right side of the new opening, and I widened it to the drivers side to fit in the tips. It's in the curve of the fascia a little, so from the drivers side it looks like the tip sticks out about 3 1/2 inches, but the other side is only about an inch. It went in nicely, and we welded two of the three factory hangers back on, so it's secure. All it took was a little cutting and an "s" shaped pipe about a foot long. I'll try and get some pics up next weekend, as I'm short of time this go around because of the Mid-Atlantic meet. Maybe I can get one of the guys there to take a pic on digital and post it, but I'll see. Once again, thanks everyone for your help in this one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok, for those of you that care, I finally got this muffler put on yesterday, and all I can do is grin really big now. Â*This thing is fantastic! Â*Thanks again, Peanotation! Â*This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Â*It's nice and deep, real mellow sounding, but gets louder as you open it up. Â*Never sounds ricey unless you downshift, or back off the throttle in a low gear at higher RPM. Â*But that is very acceptable, since I don't really plan to torture my transmission anytime soon. As for the fit , VIO, I did have to cut quite a bit out, but the effect is pretty kewl. Â*I mounted the muffler level and straight in line with the body, but moved over to the drivers side a little. Â*Basically the factory opening is the right side of the new opening, and I widened it to the drivers side to fit in the tips. Â*It's in the curve of the fascia a little, so from the drivers side it looks like the tip sticks out about 3 1/2 inches, but the other side is only about an inch. Â*It went in nicely, and we welded two of the three factory hangers back on, so it's secure. Â*All it took was a little cutting and an "s" shaped pipe about a foot long. Â*I'll try and get some pics up next weekend, as I'm short of time this go around because of the Mid-Atlantic meet. Â*Maybe I can get one of the guys there to take a pic on digital and post it, but I'll see. Â*Once again, thanks everyone for your help in this one. Â* </div>

post pics please

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onlyphases)</div><div class='quotemain'>

post pics please</div>

he did. they are in the picture post.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC!!!

Now you see.

Its people like Vio that make this site so special. You come here, search a little and boom! You now have direction.

Ill be going to Midas for the 60 series Flowmaster.

8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12