The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i want to lower my 99 about 2 inches....

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

i want to lower my 99 about 2 inches....

I have just bought a 99 galant V6, I was thinking of just buying lowering springs to lower it about 2". I want performance and looks, not just looks. I tell this to my freind and he says if im driving mountain and windy roads which i will, to get pretty much all new suspension because just springs sucks in truns. I really dont want to spend the money, have you guys ran jst new springs? howd it work?. I will be running on 17" wheels with 225/45 tires . So what would you guys suggest to do? Also, if i replace the turn signal light will it get rid of the ugly orange in the head light? Where can I find some sick reverse gauges for the 99 galant. Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks Matt Bialick

well if you want to lower it i would suggest progress springs alot of people onthis board has them it drops them i believe around 2 in.and i would probably buy new struts the only ones out now are kyb agx. thats what some people have if they have aftermarket struts. i hope that helped a little and where to get these items i believe ptuning.com for the springs and i got my struts from discounttiredirect.com oh yeah the struts you would buy is for a 2000+ eclipse and you can buy the springs from an 2000+eclipse also it might be cheaper.
    its not how low you are, its how low can you get. check out my cars at www.cardomain.com/id/lx4life

I got progess spring...the drop is 2.0 in the front and 1.8 in the rear...I got 18s on my car and no probs
    check www.optauto.com
    that's where I bought mine...when I bought em they ran me like 140 something shipped

here's the before

here's the after
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Tiptronic
    same here. the progress springs gave me a nice little drop that i love