The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: autostick trans in a galant?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    mpetrilla

autostick trans in a galant?

i have a 99 galant 3.0 and auto trans and want to put the autostick trans from an 01 sebring in its place. the engines are the same but can i do the trans swap? i don't care if the auto stick part works, i just want to put this low mileage trans in and replace the 240k one that's in it. will the wiring be the same? do i mess with ant computers? can i just not connect some sort of wiring that the sebring had and the galant won,t have ? if can,t do this, does anyone out there have a low mileage trans to swap for my auto trans with only 17k miles on it!! thanks so much.

I have and auto trans with 35,000 miles on it for an 03 v6 3.0 galant. I would be willing to sell it because I have a manual transmission now. I could get some shipping quotes or figure up some driving to deliver if your not too far away.

mpetrilla
    might be interested in the trans how much? i'm, here near nashville, tenn so not too far away maybe could drive to you or half way and do the sale? i believe the 03 trans will fit my 99 galant . any one out there know for sure?? thanks [email protected]

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    will that 3.0v6 eclipse tranny fit an i4?

TGC Regular
    i think you do have to change the ecu and some wiring for it to work. club3g had a discussion about changing the auto to the sport shift and it wasn't worth all the trouble to make it work.

the v6 tranny will not fit the i4
    Your signature is too long.

With the 03 transmission the difference from the 99 is that the 02-03 does not use the mechanical driven speedo sensor, they are input and output shaft sensors. But, they can be wired to work if the right person knows what they are doing.

And, as for the v6 3.0 fitting in the i4, that is not possible, you might as well buy a v6 galant or eclipse. To do that swap you would need the v6 transmission, motor, ecm, and other obvious parts needed. For those three parts I listed that is going to be a lot of dough. So, doing a trade in or buying a v6 out-right would be better.

Are you talking about the shiftronic tranny?

I will sell the tranny with torque converter for 500.00 with a 100.00 dollar deposit included in that price. It will be really difficult to get all for 500.00. Also, I would be willing to drive and meet you half way which is what the 100.00 deposit is for. When pick up is arranged the deposit of 400.00 will be made.