The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clueless

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    djmtz263306

clueless

alright here goes i fixed my obd code problem (p0505) got it started now when i drive it feels like the tranny is slippin it just revs up to engage gears and when i turn on the OD it revs up high is this just a sign of a bad tranny i've done searches and yea its a 96 4g64 with bout 130,000 mile on it

i have the same problem with my 7G. it revs high sometimes on 2nd and 3rd gear (feels like slipping)... don't know what's wrong, i haven't brought it to the shop yet to get check.... skerd

i have 132,000 mileage already
    I'm selling my G

its probably a bad tranny...our cars have really bad tranny...did u mean when u turn off overdrive the rpm rises?... if soo its suppose to rise....it pretty much just down shifts the car. If the car stutters and jumps randomly without touching anything its the tranny...maybe try getting a tranny flush....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    at 130K miles your 7g tranny should be slipping more than a fat blind kid at an ice skating rink.

seth has your solution: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=47529
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ILL InFeCteD
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>at 130K miles your 7g tranny should be slipping more than a fat blind kid at an ice skating rink. Â*

seth has your solution:https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=47529</div>
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    at 130K miles your 7g tranny should be slipping more than a fat blind kid at an ice skating rink.
    Psh...Mine only started to slip at 146k These transmissions aren't that bad...they're not as strong as they could be but they're not bad either.

Fact is, auto or manual transmissions need service at around 150k Either a re-build of the trans (auto) or a new clutch (manual)
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

Quote Originally Posted by 98ACR
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Psh...Mine only started to slip at 146k These transmissions aren't that bad...they're not as strong as they could be but they're not bad either.

Fact is, auto or manual transmissions need service at around 150k Either a re-build of the trans (auto) or a new clutch (manual)
    Mine started acting up at 65k and now is pretty much dead at 68k only work with overdrive off.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkend

Mine started acting up at 65k and now is pretty much dead at 68k only work with overdrive off.
    There will always be exceptions. Ask any tech that works in a dealership about some of the low-milage failures. We had a VW Jetta in our shop getting a clutch put in at 12k miles because it wasn't covered by waranty. I also saw a Maxima with 243K miles on the original trans. Like I said, there are always exceptions.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

to krazieinluv10...

if i was the one you were asking about the tranny. i have a manual tranny and a new clutch. so i guess its the tranny, every time i shift gears from 2nd to 4th my RPM just keep on rising up. of course it should rise up but i meant it in a diff way... hard to explain... yeah maybe slipping is the right term

when we get to the meet you guys try drivign my car and check out what i'm talking about
    I'm selling my G

djmtz263306
    it revs up high with OD on it almost seems like it dosent want to get into 4th gear but ehhh i'll take it to the shop and see what the deal is

Quote Originally Posted by djmtz263306
    it revs up high with OD on it almost seems like it dosent want to get into 4th gear but ehhh i'll take it to the shop and see what the deal is
    I think you might be a little confused the car is always in overdrive when its in drive, when you push the button and the light comes on that means over drive is off and you have 3 very long gears which is good when your going up steap hills or trailering something or the car is full with a ton of crap.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dudj
    to krazieinluv10...

if i was the one you were asking about the tranny. i have a manual tranny and a new clutch. so i guess its the tranny, every time i shift gears from 2nd to 4th my RPM just keep on rising up. of course it should rise up but i meant it in a diff way... hard to explain... yeah maybe slipping is the right term

when we get to the meet you guys try drivign my car and check out what i'm talking about
    If you have a 5spd then its more then likely the clutch. Maybe you glazed the clutch or did not break it in properly. Take it easy for a few weeks and see if the clutch fixes it self. If itsn ot glazed very bad then it should fix it self after a bit of easy driving.

If it was a trans problem, more then likely grind going into gears as the synchros are usually the first to go in a 5spd trans.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Quote Originally Posted by dudj
    to krazieinluv10...

If you have a 5spd then its more then likely the clutch. Maybe you glazed the clutch or did not break it in properly. Take it easy for a few weeks and see if the clutch fixes it self. If itsn ot glazed very bad then it should fix it self after a bit of easy driving.

If it was a trans problem, more then likely grind going into gears as the synchros are usually the first to go in a 5spd trans.

it may also be that your clutch is not fully engaging.
    this is suspect if your clutch pedal was not readjusted after you installed the new clutch disc and presure plate.

have them bleed your clutch lines, then adjust your master cylinder and pedal.
    then just take it very easy for 500 or so miles and try to rev match every gear, as the glaze goes away, your bite will return.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Thanks for the info guys... you know i'm still noob when comes with those stuff.

I guess I'll have it check for adjustment coz I noticed when I engage my cltuch pedal I have to push it all the way to the carpet. now there's a hole on my carpet.
    I'm selling my G

djmtz263306
    i know bout the OD i owned a 97 g before this one and yea light is off 4th gear does not want to engage

SamirDarji
    Here's some threads on my experience with my auto tranny. After being told it was shot, some simple fluid and filter changes brought it completely back from the dead. 156k on the clock now and no problems. :shock:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=32921
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=32872