The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Paint Job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    nice!!! i like it a lot 8)
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

Looks real good...

By the way, my paint's all jacked up too, here in Texas. I think Mitsu must've thought these would be vampire cars that would stay in teh garage all day and only come out at nite.

They really did stick it to the owners of the 8Gs anyways. I have a 1990 Supra w/original paint and has NO oxidation, yet the Galant was Fed up by it's 4th year.

I have bought the paint and self-etching primer and paln to get at it in the next few weeks. Gonna strip the roof and hood down to the metal and prime/seal it. A friend of mine tried to repaint over oxidation (after extensive sanding) and it still showed thru. So I'm gonna take the extra step.

Good job... looks awesome!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Paint looks pristine.

Yah, I think mitsu used some crap paint for the 3g/8g. I always see the black 3g/8gs with oxidation. Have a friend with a dark gray 3g and its starting to do it too. Yet my 98 Galant with stock paint still shines pretty descent with 0 oxidation. They had to of changed something
    7g for life!

BigJack, I live in Miami man.. hit me up so we can meet and so you can meet a couple of guys from here and www.galants.org

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Paint looks pristine.

Yah, I think mitsu used some crap paint for the 3g/8g. Â*I always see the black 3g/8gs with oxidation. Â*Have a friend with a dark gray 3g and its starting to do it too. Â*Yet my 98 Galant with stock paint still shines pretty descent with 0 oxidation. Â*They had to of changed something </div>

Yeah i dont know, my clear coat only faded on two spots, the very edge of the trunk is about an inch and a half faded and a much smaller spot on the hood.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

well hte problem with the kapalana black isn't that the clearcoat is going.

you see, there is no clearcoat on kapalana black.

its a 1 step enamel paint.

all those times when you waxed your car and you had what looked like real black looking dirt or contamination on your pad... it was your paint. same with when you wash it. every time you wash it you would be taking off a little more paint. thats why it almost always looks WORSE after your wash your car and it drys.

there were a couple of other enamels mitsu used. the red on the 1g and 2g eclipses was enamel.

a lot of manufacturers used enamel for yellow, red white and black for a loing time.
    now they are starting to wise up and use 2 step with clear coat for the solid non metallic colors.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Makes sense, most of the red 1gs I see have the oxidation.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Where did you get the paint job cause i have the feeling that i probably went to the same shop (since i saw a black G being worked on) and they were charging around a thosuand for my paint job. The shop im talking about was the one that mix the mustang and corvette

Jaimie at Electro-Bake in St. Petersburg FL has done 2 of my Supras for less than $500 (black)... included taking care of the small dings & dents, clearcoat, and a 4-year warranty.

That's been a couple of years ago, but I'm sure if you tell him Elvis sent you, he may do sumthin' similar. I dunno any places in Miami tho.

BigJack
    Damn guys, sorry for the late ass reply. I don't log on here much. I thought I posted where I got it painted. It was Johhny & Mack by the Tracks. 305 438-1563. The address is 1988-C N MIami Ave Miami FL 33136. It's just north of downtown Miami. I never went to the shop. The owner noticed I lived in Homestead and let me drop the car off at his house which was a lot closer than downtown. I'll tell you for the money you can't beat the results. Yeah it has a few flaws but it looks so much better. So what do you guys think of wet sanding and buff? I can get someone to do it for $80. Is it worth it? Thanks for all the comments....

Now when is the next Galant meet in South Fla?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    no wet sand n buff yet, let the paint adhere to the car for like 2 more weeks then just do a wash and light wax

next friday at muvico in sheridan , pembroke pines , remember ff3 will start friday :twisted:

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Re: ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant305)</div><div class='quotemain'>next friday at muvico in sheridan , pembroke pines , remember ff3 will start friday Â*:twisted:</div>

My cousin lives in Pembroke Pines, cops fuct w. me when i was down there driving his Mustang

And who gives 2 shits about FF3?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12