The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: p0300 random multiple cyl. misfire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Some one sent me this link when I needed to replace my coil packs, they cost around around $100 at the dealer. I had 2 cylinders misfiring, It drove me crazy.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(njjfudge)</div><div class='quotemain'>Some one sent me this link when I needed to replace my coil packs, they cost around around $100 at the dealer. Â*I had 2 cylinders misfiring, It drove me crazy.</div>

thank you.
    -Pedro

rrinaldi02
    hey thanks for the suggestion on the coil packs, i think i found out the problem though. i saw somewhere in the forums that a air leak at the maf sensor would cause my misfire problem so i looked into it. i had bougt a maf adaptor off of ebay (big mistake) and i dont think it was a very snug fit so i gooped the shit out of it with some gasket sealent. sinse then my ses light went off and its been runni ng great, its been about 2 1/2 weeks and no cylinder misfires. now i'm just going to keep my fingers crossed! i'll still keep this post up for a little longer just in case it happens again.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    isn't that a little messy? there should be something less messy that might help with that.
    -Pedro

rrinaldi02
    no, i did it neatly, its not somethinig that should have to ever come apart, so im not to worried about it.

did u reuse the stock rubber gasket with the MAS adaptor??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

rrinaldi02
    yea, but it didnt seal it good at all, the adaptor wasnt a good fit, the bolt holes lined up good, but it wont sit perfectly flush. i dont know how i didnt notice it when i first put it on. i guess i was too syked when i got it.

hey this is off the topic but how can i put a pic of my g here on the left, i did everything it says to do, its the right size, type, and all. when i try to submit the pic it keeps telling me that it needs to be jpeg, png, etc... i've tryed them all. any of you guys have this problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12