The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brake help

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

brake help

hey wel i ran into another problem i have chagned the calipers and master cylinder but i still don't have brake pressure or not enough to stop the car fast now i was wonder if yall had a clue what could it be next now this car has been sittin in my drive way for 4 years so keep that in mind iam just hope ing it is not the brake booster cus that looks like hell to get off.... help :shock:
    95' ES "Diamond"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    you bled it right and the calipers are on the right positions(bleeder screw up)?

yep every thingis bled an in the right postion
    95' ES "Diamond"

about how far do you have to press the brake pedal for you to feel the brakes starting to slow you?

did you bleed the brakes in the correct order? starting from the one furthest from the master cylinder? if not, you might still have air in the lines.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>did you bleed the brakes in the correct order? starting from the one furthest from the master cylinder? if not, you might still have air in the lines.</div>

right rear, left rear, right front, left front.

ok i''l bleed em in that order then but if it is the brake booster any way i could tes it or anything?
    95' ES "Diamond"

if it was your booster you would mash the pedal, the pedal would feel like a rock, and you wouldn't be stopping.
    (like when you try to use the brakes with the engine off)

if you have air in your lines or a hyrdraulic leak, or a bad brake pump,
    then you would mash the pedal and it would feel like a limp dick, or slowly drop all the way to the floor.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    hmm. did you bench bleed the new master cylinder or did you just put it on and then bled each calipers?

to test a brake booster:

engine off key on.. put your foot on the pedal and press down HARD.
    then crank engine.. if ur foot drops then the booster is working..

how ur pedal feel? is it spongy? is it hard, and just takes too long? does it feel soft?

lmao @ john and his limp dick
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

lol i did bleed the master clyinder before i put it on but its like the brakes are not griping but mainly the front brakes even after i adjusted the rear brakes but i have ordered new rotors so i will see if that is the pro but the guys at auto zone said the brake booster i hate not knowing alot brakes damn this sucks
    95' ES "Diamond"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TunerDSM95)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol i did bleed the master clyinder before i put it on but its like the brakes are not griping but mainly the front brakes even after i adjusted the rear brakes but i have ordered new rotors so i will see if that is the pro but the guys at auto zone said the brake booster i hate not knowing alot brakes damn this sucks</div>

yeah idk man all the brake boost really is is a air resevoir and a check valve.

i've never heard of one going bad on a 7g...
    of course manybrews has seen it all so he might have seen or heard of a few.

i would suspect the hose coming from the plenum to the booster if you were to suspect the booster at all. the check valve for the booster is in that hose.
    if that hose leaks, then the booster will not retain its vacuum

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Hey, outside these forums I've really never seen any problems out of Galants...except from my own that is. Sounds to me like air in the lines though. Bleed them out VERY well (I usually bleed 1 full qt through the Right rear wheel before even opening the other three wheels to make sure) after you've done that, if it's still soft it's the master cylinder. Did you check to make sure your calipers/wheel cylinders aren't leaking? I know it's a long shot, but worth checking. Or if you're really lazy, take it to a place like Just Brakes and have them do a diag. I know Pep Boys does free brake inspecitons, so do most "chain" garages do the same. At least than you'll know what you need to do.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

ok found the problem it is the brake booster even tho i don't wont to buy a new one looks like i will damn it. to day i t the brake booster out was a little bit of hell but i got her out well thanks for all yall help. thanks
    95' ES "Diamond"