The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Smoke coming from steering wheel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    By the way, i turned the car on again and no humming sound and no smoke came out. The engine sounded fine; no rattling, clunking, knocking, etc.. Could it be just a temporary "bug?" I had an old Nissan 200sx that smoked on me on the freeway. I pulled over, let the car sit for a few minutes. Turned it on and it never smoked again.
    - 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V (stock)
    - 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 (auto)
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i would still recommend you go under the dash and take a look and a feel for anything that doesn't seem normal. Also, like someone said, check that all your other systems work. AC, heater, Interior lighting, Fuses, cigarette lighter, shifter light, ashtray light, ignition switch light, Speedometer, fog lamps relay, power mirros switch, Cluster dimmer, hazard button, turn signals lever, light lever...all of that.
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would still recommend you go under the dash and take a look and a feel for anything that doesn't seem normal. Â*Also, like someone said, check that all your other systems work. Â*AC, heater, Interior lighting, Fuses, cigarette lighter, shifter light, ashtray light, ignition switch light, Speedometer, fog lamps relay, power mirros switch, Cluster dimmer, hazard button, turn signals lever, light lever...all of that.</div>

Everything works except for:
    - heater
    - A/C adjuster knobs
    - SRS light always on

These were the defects the seller told me about. I'm wondering whether or not these defects are causing other problems.
    - 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V (stock)
    - 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 (auto)
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cg1349)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would still recommend you go under the dash and take a look and a feel for anything that doesn't seem normal. Â*Also, like someone said, check that all your other systems work. Â*AC, heater, Interior lighting, Fuses, cigarette lighter, shifter light, ashtray light, ignition switch light, Speedometer, fog lamps relay, power mirros switch, Cluster dimmer, hazard button, turn signals lever, light lever...all of that.</div>

- heater
    - A/C adjuster knobs
    - SRS light always on

These were the defects the seller told me about. I'm wondering whether or not these defects are causing other problems.</div>

Could be. Either way that stuff has to be checked out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cg1349)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>i would still recommend you go under the dash and take a look and a feel for anything that doesn't seem normal. Â*Also, like someone said, check that all your other systems work. Â*AC, heater, Interior lighting, Fuses, cigarette lighter, shifter light, ashtray light, ignition switch light, Speedometer, fog lamps relay, power mirros switch, Cluster dimmer, hazard button, turn signals lever, light lever...all of that.</div>

- heater
    - A/C adjuster knobs
    - SRS light always on

These were the defects the seller told me about. I'm wondering whether or not these defects are causing other problems.</div>
    Didn't you just tell us to quit joking around cuz your g/f drives the car, etc. etc. And yet you're letting her drive with an SRS warning???
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

well do like Kalamidad said check the fuses, wires, ect then take it for a drive around the block and see if the smoke comes out again and take a note of where it is so the fellow tgc members can help out

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12