The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wiring harness problem.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Calipso

Wiring harness problem.

Well, weird stuff. From one light problem to another. Zobgel got me a wiring harness from his dealership, and SLS2000 did a quick wiring job with it. So it fits fine. Well, my passenger side light burns out, so I want to switch bulbs to see if it's the bulb. (The new harness is on drivers side.)

Well, if it's from the dealer it's OEM right? Well, here is the problem. The wiring harness from the dealer fits the bulb perfect, but it is not even close to the stock harness. There is no push release on the side. From what I can see on the harness, there is no way to release it from the bulb.

Perhaps someone else on the 8G boards has had to replace their wiring harness and have the same part I have. If so, can you tell me how to release it from the bulb (There is no push release on the sides, bottom or top.)

uhm. which wiring harness? for which bulb? i can think of a half a dozen bulbs on the passenger side.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

is it the same we replace on the drivers side?

can you post a pic?

edit.

As you know, when I cleared my lenses there were pieces left inside the light. Instead of removing the whole light I decided to take out the light bulb (head light) instead and I had the problem you had. The wiring harness behind the bulb would not budge. I took a small flat screwdriver and began to carefully pry it, one side at a time to get it off. It works just be carefull. Also if your driver side bulb was off for a while and now it works it will shorten the life of the opposite side. Thats why bulbs have to be replaced in pairs.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>uhm. which wiring harness? for which bulb? i can think of a half a dozen bulbs on the passenger side.</div>

Passenger side headlight.

have u tried just pulling it out? many of those harnesses are just friction fit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>have u tried just pulling it out? many of those harnesses are just friction fit.</div>

Yea and I pulled the entire bulb out of the assembly bringing the little metal piece that holds the head light in with it. I haven't figured out what the deal is. Tried shimmying it, pulling it, forcing it. :?

My biggest disapointment now that is midnightmoose is no longer selling retail. Now I have no source for headlights.