The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Shaking when I brake?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    a rotor problem should not make the car shake when you are sitting still, possibly the hydraulic booster for the braking system
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

not when it sitting still , when i brake to decelarate at a stop sign or red light

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

http://www.pepboys.com/images/parts_suppli..._rotors-ebc.jpg

You can try and get these at pepboys where they sell the pads you bought.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qs)</div><div class='quotemain'>not when it sitting still , when i brake to decelarate at a stop sign or red light</div>

more than likely thats a rotor problem then

ah damn

!!!

so any suggestionas about the rotors,

or should i go oem ?

2002 blue G RIP07

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qs)</div><div class='quotemain'>ah damn

!!!

so any suggestionas about the rotors, Â*

or should i go oem ?</div>

depends on how much you are willing to spend really. If you are just going daily driver, dont spend that much. The reason i have the expensive name brand stuff is because i push my galant around tracks and such, i dont want crap breaking.

maybe you crystallized them. When you stop hard some times this happens prior to warpping them. Use some sand paper on them in a circular motion to brake the clear surface and do it on the pads as well.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

ya bro u in the same boat i'm in i just spent 40$ thinkin i'ma fix my problem...now i gotta get sum more money i don't have and fix these rotors before the problem gets worst... i got another issue on my car but i'll open a new thread. Thanks for your help guys it means alot...

sls2000 how much were those rotors you found at pep boys... good looking out bro..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SLS2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>maybe you crystallized them. When you stop hard some times this happens prior to warpping them. Use some sand paper on them in a circular motion to brake the clear surface and do it on the pads as well.</div>

Its a possiblity, but chances are that with vibrations under braking its a warped surface. Dont worry too much about driving them warped for a bit, i drove for about a month on bad warped rotors, i just stopped driving the car hard for a while.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:18 am Â* Â*Post subject: Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Â*
    maybe you crystallized them. When you stop hard some times this happens prior to warpping them. Use some sand paper on them in a circular motion to brake the clear surface and do it on the pads as well. Â*
    Â*

well il try that first hope that does the trick if not

</div>

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

depends on how much you are willing to spend really. If you are just going daily driver, dont spend that much. The reason i have the expensive name brand stuff is because i push my galant around tracks and such, i dont want crap breaking.</div>

well i do want it to not break anymore so im willing to pay, all depending on the difference with oem

2002 blue G RIP07

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qs)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:18 am Â* Â*Post subject: Â*

Â*
    maybe you crystallized them. When you stop hard some times this happens prior to warpping them. Use some sand paper on them in a circular motion to brake the clear surface and do it on the pads as well. Â*
    Â*

well il try that first hope that does the trick if not

</div>

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:17 am Post subject:

depends on how much you are willing to spend really. If you are just going daily driver, dont spend that much. The reason i have the expensive name brand stuff is because i push my galant around tracks and such, i dont want crap breaking.</div>

well i do want it to not break anymore so im willing to pay, all depending on the difference with oem</div>

search around and see other people's experiences with rotors, i know some people prefer brembos and such.

lol sorry my bad

was talking about difference in price

2002 blue G RIP07

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qs)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol sorry my bad Â*

was talking about difference in price</div>

price difference could be pretty big, but then again it really depends on the retailer, performance is always gonna be more expensive

If you have the money and you can wait
    search for brembos right away but try the sand paper to buy you some time and help you save up for the good ones. A friend of mine did this to mine when I was sure they were warpped and fix the problem like a miracle.
    8G 4 life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SLS2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you have the money and you can wait Â*
    search for brembos right away but try the sand paper to buy you some time and help you save up for the good ones. A friend of mine did this to mine when I was sure they were warpped and fix the problem like a miracle.</div>

Wow, cool to hear that that works. Yeah Brembos or Powerslots are probably going to be the highest quality rotors for our cars out there.

when buying brembos make sure they not only come with a brembo box but the brembo emblem is stamped on the rotor.

brembo makes slotted or drilled rotors. not slotted and drilled.

many companies, you'll see this on ebay alot, but the cheap 30 dollar brembos and then machine them to your liking. they'll put them on their machine and drill holes or put slots etc.

also match your pads to your rotors. many people stick with oem rotors and then go with some unltra high peformance pad. whats the difference between those uhp pads and some regular pads? for hte most part heat. those uhp pads usually produce higher heat temperatures than a stock pad would. or in other words, you'll warp your brakes even faster. and then blame the rotor.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>when buying brembos make sure they not only come with a brembo box but the brembo emblem is stamped on the rotor.

brembo makes slotted or drilled rotors. not slotted and drilled.

many companies, you'll see this on ebay alot, but the cheap 30 dollar brembos and then machine them to your liking. they'll put them on their machine and drill holes or put slots etc. Â*

also match your pads to your rotors. many people stick with oem rotors and then go with some unltra high peformance pad. whats the difference between those uhp pads and some regular pads? for hte most part heat. those uhp pads usually produce higher heat temperatures than a stock pad would. or in other words, you'll warp your brakes even faster. and then blame the rotor.</div>

Couldn't have said it better myself dude :thumbsup:

omg im such a newb i just realized we are talking about our discs, ( i wasnt aware the're name was actually rotors lLOL

<---------------------- such a newb

nah my rotors are fine, so my shaking is probably my rear breaks giving up, ...unless its my drums

2002 blue G RIP07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12