The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 235/40/18

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

235/40/18

Would it be possible on 18x8 in rims? or would it be too much? i know on my 17x8 in rims for my last car i had 245/45/17's on them and they were fine.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

they are possible. i have that size on my 18's. but if you are lowering your car then rubbing will be an issue. oh ya it lifts your car up a bit

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

want more width help protect rims a lil more by being wider a bit
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

Pinoy do you have a pic of your ride with the wheels on w/o a drop? Would it be a big problem with rubbing if I went with a 1-1.5" drop?

Back from the dead!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike969mb)</div><div class='quotemain'>want more width help protect rims a lil more by being wider a bit</div>

you live in Miami. your streets are "perfect" compared to the roads we have up north. the 225's should be sufficient

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shortdogg2k05)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pinoy do you have a pic of your ride with the wheels on w/o a drop? Â*Would it be a big problem with rubbing if I went with a 1-1.5" drop?</div>

for the front, the 1-1.5" drop shouldn't be a problem. for the rear with the 235 there might be rubbing. i know i'll be rubbing for sure. but then again my wheels not only have a low offset but they are also 8.5" wide. but yea, i'll tell you how things go when my eibach's come in. they should be here by x-mas and my gr-2's b4 new years.

225 should be just fine for you. I wouldnt go 235 unless u dont plan on dropping your car too much, or plan on rolling the fenders. I have a GC drop that sits real low, and I'm running 225/40 and had to roll the back fenders. I am thinking about rolling the fronts as well so I can take it down a tad lower in the front as well.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

altima98
    Would a 245/45/18 be too much with an Eibach drop?

Quote Originally Posted by altima98
    that would add about 2 inches to the diamter of the tire, compared to stock. even without the drop im thinking you'd end up rubbing somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Quote Originally Posted by altima98
    that would add about 2 inches to the diamter of the tire, compared to stock. even without the drop im thinking you'd end up rubbing somewhere.
    There is no need for 245 wide rubber...I'm running 225 on 8.5 in. wide tires around and it is more than enough. I could get away with 235 possibly...but I would have to raise my car up a tad to get that to fit. Plus 245 wide rubber is exspensive as heck.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

malicious
    this thread is very helpfull to me

i guess from reading that i could drop mine with

17x8 +40 offset w/ 225/45s and depending on the drop i might need to roll the rear end... which isn't a problem... eveybody says it's easy

does anyboyd have pics of a car lowered that running such a setup...

thanks fellas,

mal