The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Black or Beige?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    nice choice of wheels.

i think the wheels would look toned down if you painted the centers to match the car. are there center caps? what do the center caps look like?

don't paint them like this

they would looks absolutely horrible if you did IMO

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

are those work wheel? or Rotas? put a really dark beige.. like a bodega beige with hint of black to it.. that would set it of nicely!
    Diego

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice looking wheels David. Â*What brand are those? Â*How deep is that lip?
    Sweet</div>
    I wish they were Work wheels or even the SSR Professor SP1 wheels, but no, they are 18x8 Rota D2 wheels. I'm not sure about the lip since it has a tapered step to it, and it's hard to measure, but I'd say the lip is about 2.5" or so. They were $790 shipped.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>nice choice of wheels.

i think the wheels would look toned down if you painted the centers to match the car. are there center caps? what do the center caps look like? Â*

don't paint them like this

they would looks absolutely horrible if you did IMO</div>
    The center caps are black and have a silver Rota emblem on them. I'm hoping the emblems come off easily so the center caps can be painted. The emblems look like they are some kind of sticker.

And no I won't be painting them like the pic above. The design of the spokes would not carry that kind of painting very well at all.

"Lord Vader"

Rise!!

Corny, but true. :laughing:
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    i'm really likin the new wheels Danj

when it comes to the car as a whole, i think you should keep the black accents, see how they look with the new wheels, and if you don't like it, have the parts color matched beige in the future like others have said

good luck with everything

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

only a photo chop could help because if you color match alot of the trim then it tones done the look of the car and gives it more of an OEM look. If the black accents arent done right it might just look like unpainted peices.

I want to say go with black accents cause it would make it look more aggrisve and wild, but only if there is a way for it not to look like unpainted parts or parts from a donor car.

and i like those wheels, for some reason a simple 5 spoke rim really sets off the look of a galant.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

i think those wheels would look awesome w/ color matched centers! are they multi-pice? it would be much easier to have them painted cleanly if they were multi-piece. i was thinking about color matching my wheels too... now that the car is not really silver anymore.

david why dont you paint the areas I circled beige

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think those wheels would look awesome w/ color matched centers! Â*are they multi-pice? Â*it would be much easier to have them painted cleanly if they were multi-piece. Â*i was thinking about color matching my wheels too... Â*now that the car is not really silver anymore.</div>
    No, they aren't muti-piece... not for $790 shipped. I was really hoping to get some SSR Professor SP1 wheels, but I decided to spend that extra money elsewhere. What do you mean your car is not really silver anymore? I kind of like your rims better with the gunmetal, but color matched would be hot too. I think I will end up color matching mine. Even though they aren't multi-piece, the screws/rivets have threads on them and I'm pretty sure they will unscrew... so that will make things easier to paint.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'>david why dont you paint the areas I circled beige

</div>
    Hmmm... I'm not really liking that. Maybe the whole ring around the spokes would look good painted, but I still think they would look too aggressive with the rest black.

Nice rims. I thought they were SP1s until the last pic. You trying to copy me huh. I'll forgive you if you send me some parts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think those wheels would look awesome w/ color matched centers! Â*are they multi-pice? Â*it would be much easier to have them painted cleanly if they were multi-piece. Â*i was thinking about color matching my wheels too... Â*now that the car is not really silver anymore.</div>
    No, they aren't muti-piece... not for $790 shipped. I was really hoping to get some SSR Professor SP1 wheels, but I decided to spend that extra money elsewhere. What do you mean your car is not really silver anymore? I kind of like your rims better with the gunmetal, but color matched would be hot too. I think I will end up color matching mine. Even though they aren't multi-piece, the screws/rivets have threads on them and I'm pretty sure they will unscrew... so that will make things easier to paint. </div>

well you remember the color it was ('99 only minden silver pearl, i loved that color), well the 7G silver and 2G silver is the same color as that... my car has since been resprayed mercedes diamond silver pearl, which is much more blue... it is hard to see the color difference w/o a reference car but at MOD, KIMYA was parked next to me so you can see it. KIMYA's car is the color my car used to be (he just got it repainted last month w/ the OE minden silver pearl). that color is much closer to silver than my new color, so colormatching the rims would just look like having silver rims... the new color would look different enough from silver that it might look cool on my centers... here's a pic of both car together so you can see the diff:

Rani, I always thought your stock color had a bluish tint to it a certain angles, but I guess the new paint has more then. Your rims should look good color matched then.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Insane99)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice rims. I thought they were SP1s until the last pic. You trying to copy me huh. I'll forgive you if you send me some parts. </div>
    Do you have the same ones or the SP1's? Any pics?

SP1's in black. I don't have a digi cam but i do have some pics just not uploaded anywhere but i can try and post some over the weekend.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Insane99)</div><div class='quotemain'>SP1's in black. I don't have a digi cam but i do have some pics just not uploaded anywhere but i can try and post some over the weekend.</div>
    Lucky bastard! I'd love to see some pics, so whenever you can upload them. Since you have them in black, I guess I'll have to go ahead and color match my knock-offs then.

here's the pic, enjoy

^ Damn! Those SP1's look hot! Ever think of painting them white? That would look sick.

Not really, but that would be hot. It will match better when the interior is done and cf hood and trunk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12