The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is a CF trunk a good idea with subs???

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Is a CF trunk a good idea with subs???

I have two Kicker L7 12", (sorry no pics.....coming soon) I've already rattled my trunk key cylinder apart and eventually want to get a CF trunk lid.....do you think that the air being displaced would eventually have bad effects on the trunk? Also, do any of you have any suggestions/ideas on how to minimize rattle?

Thnx folks,

Eldotem

Dynamat or ghetomat. have yet to hear results on a cf trunk.

TGC Regular
    Wouldnt too much sub crack the carbon truck

I don't think the trunk itself would crack. The only part I would be suspect of is the trunk latch, where it attaches to the c/f trunk. I think over time the constant rattle may weaken the latch to where it may crack and give way. I don't think it should happen, but something to think about. The best idea would be to Dynamat or whatever the shit out of the trunk to cut back on the rattles and the weight from it will help as well.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

I just put a CF trunk on my car Sunday night. I have 4 tens that made my stock trunk rattle, or maybe it was just my stock spoiler that was rattling. So far 4 days later the trunk is doing pretty well. And no rattles either. Maybe it was just the spoiler.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition