The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More grills...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    lemonnamedsteve

More grills...

Ok, so I was reading another thread and I didn't want to steal it, so I'll post my Q here

I saw these 2 grills:

How are these done? I got a dremmel tool, and I'm doing my covers by the foglights later, but I want to know if I should dremmel my rill too, or do I have to buy a custom one.

Fisrt one is a very cheap looking grill, second one is better.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah first doesnt look good, second just looks like OEM grills with the bars cut out and cheap mesh in its place. You guys like to use the cheap mesh. Get ahold of phil and see what type of mesh he used in his last grill thread as that type of mesh looks 1000000 times better then the cheap silver chickenwire mesh.

Or the type of mesh thats in the stock SRT4 front fascias.
    7g for life!

lemonnamedsteve
    Yea, I'm just wondering how they filled it cause I I did that right now I'd have little grooves where the bars were... is there some kind of like plastic fill that I can get?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Bondo, body filler, they make lots of stuff you could use. They make a plastic filler for toy models that comes in a tube. Go to Wal-Fart, they have it all!
    7g for life!

lemonnamedsteve
    sweet, i'll go get that tonight and post pics...if I get it done

Sand it even with a course paper first so that the bondo sticks. Once filled and dried u sand it down even a gain with the next grit of sand paper. then fill in any holes left in the bondo with glazing putty sand that down smooth after it has dried prime and paint.

Here is the picture of the gutter guard at the home depot tha looks ok.

8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )