The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance ECU Flash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26

Well I just got the cable(that was quick) and let me be the first to say that it doesn't work on a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant CALI 4cyl. It tried to connect by saying sending 1111,ffff then it said unable to connect. Unless I did something wrong now I know it doesn’t work for this ecu. But that’s ok cause I’ll be swapping to 01 eclipse mt ecu next week.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

So has anyone actually crawled in there and looked what CPU our cars use. I can't really understand why they used different ones for our cars. They usually like to re-use everything so they can to save R&D money.

I may look at mine tomorrow, where exactly is the ECU? Behind the Radio in the center there? Or on the passanger side?

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    Well I just got the cable(that was quick) and let me be the first to say that it doesn't work on a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant CALI 4cyl. It tried to connect by saying sending 1111,ffff then it said unable to connect. Unless I did something wrong now I know it doesn’t work for this ecu. But that’s ok cause I’ll be swapping to 01 eclipse mt ecu next week.
    if you want to sell your cable let me know.

i got my evo ecu flashed this sunday by Dynoflash and it was defitnetly noticable.

he tried to connect with my daily driver (stock i4) and it wouldnt connect but he said it's only a matter of time before they crack it.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

any update on this???

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

mtcavity

ECU Flash!

I spent $90.00 on a cable (http://www.tactrix.com/index.php). Go to Open ECU . ORG and download the ECU Flash program.

It took me a while to figure out how to crack the ECU hex or bin, but I found all the maps for my 2003 Galant ES, and I am bulding definition files for a list of other... well, "NOT-EVO" class production base Mitsu's.

Be fore-warned! You will have to read and educate yourself before you do ANY flashing.

OPEN ECU does not really get into Galants or Eclipses, and they are in just the biginning phases of development.

If you are serious about flashing your ride!
    1. Buy the cable
    2. Download the software.
    3. Get an image of your ECU.
    4. If no XML definitions are avalable, contact me and I can usually get the maps figured out in about 4-8 hours.

You will also have to get aquanted with datalogging, (http://www.limitless.co.nz/evoscan/), will work on all 99 - up Mitsubishis. It works with the USB, OBD II Flash tool.
    PEACE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12